What's new

You would think it easy, but it isn't...................

islandman

Reaction score
All I want to do, is create a NEW folder on the Home Screen of my iphone 5s so that I can store some photos to show people, rather than scroll through the whole lot.

Whenever I google or whatever, they talk about to "jiggling effect" of combining, but not what I want. Is there a way please?

You create a new folder by adding two apps.
Tap and hold on one app until all your apps wiggle, then slide it right above the other app which should also be in the folder. A new folder will appear. Depending on the apps you're bringing together, it will already have a name. This could be Music, or Photos, or just Folder. You can also rename that folder.

You can't do that with photos, though. They will remain in the Photos app, or wherever you stored them.

You can create an album within the Photos app:

Go to Albums, then tap the + at the top left:
IMG_3456.JPG

A popup will appear, where you can enter the name of the new album:
IMG_4806.jpg

Tap Save, then select the images for your album:
IMG_3459.JPG

When you've selected the photos for the new album, tap Done at the top right.

You can create an album within the Photos app:

Go to Albums, then tap the + at the top left:
View attachment 33518
A popup will appear, where you can enter the name of the new album:
View attachment 33519
Tap Save, then select the images for your album:
View attachment 33520
When you've selected the photos for the new album, tap Done at the top right.

Yes, I know about overlaying icons and yes, have created albums with photos and within google photos. BUT the question was how do o bring one of those albums to the home screen, for easy access. Is it because it's a iPhone five s or is it a failing within this sustem

It's not possible to create a folder with photos from one of your apps on the home screen.

Reactions: 933
It isn't a failing in the system, it is part of Apples security decision process to not allow it

iOS devices do not have a central file directory like a PC. Any files, or in your case photo folders, have to be located in an app that can read the files or store the photos. A folder can't exist on its own on the home screen, for example.

All I want to do, is create a NEW folder on the Home Screen of my iphone 5s so that I can store some photos to show people, rather than scroll through the whole lot.

Whenever I google or whatever, they talk about to "jiggling effect" of combining, but not what I want. Is there a way please?