What's new

icloud backup

dave307

Reaction score
Hi. Been having a good look through this forums regarding icloud backup.
I have a large quantity of photos on my iphone6 also some documents and notes etc.
I also have my photos backup to the google photos, So this is my question why do I need to keep backing up my images to the icloud as they also get backed up to the google cloud as its called. Been thinking of turning off the icloud to backup photos and just use the google backup, Does that sound okay to you experienced people?. That may give me more space to save documents notes etc on the icloud, Santa was also good to me last xmas he brought me a Leef Bridge to transfer and create backups of my photos My very kind son gave me this little gadget works well and easy to use.
When connecting the iPhone to my windows pc I notice that there are three folders 100Apple 100icloud 101 Apple. In 100Apple are a large selection of photos and in 101Apple some more photos. What do those folders mean? Please.
Now back to the backing up of Notes.Scanbot documents.Some info on Pages and some info on iBooks. Now what would be the best way to backup the Notes etc.My notes have some important info to me.
Finally do I really need the icloud to save all my photos and just leave it to the google photos.
Many thanks once again.
David.

If you use iCloud Photo Library, your images are not backed up by iCloud, they already are in iCloud - synced, not stored, and using some of it's storage space. If you turn off iCloud Photo Library, photos and videos in the Photos app will be included in a backup.

If you do not want to have them in iCloud at all, you'll have to remove them completely from the Photos app, also from the Recently Deleted tab in Albums view.

That shouldn't be a problem for you, since you're already saving them to Google and the flash drive. Just remove them from Photos, as soon as they are backed up, to free up some of your iCloud storage space.

Sorry didn't quite understand what you said. If I disable photos backup in the icloud under settings is that what you mean, And will all the photos be still on the phone?.
Thanks

They will still be on the iPhone, until you remove them from there.

In order to not use iCloud storage space, you'll have to turn off iCloud Photo Library in Settings - Photos & Camera, or Settings - iCloud - Photos (there are two ways to get this done), as well as disable Photo Library in Settings - iCloud - Manage Storage - Backups.

Okay I'm with you now when I disable the photo option that wont affect the backup of notes etc.
Sorry to be a pain, But I'm getting there slowly first time to have a iPhone.
Thanks.