What's new

You got a android user here. Scared?

Snik

Reaction score
Hello everyone :D my names Skae, and I'm a Android user. I've gotten alot of weird...unneeded hate because I usually don't like apple products due to their flimsy, easily broken screens and the "dress to impress" moto it gives me. BUT. recently I've wanted to put them to the ultimate test. I have a Droid RAZR M that I've owned for 3-4 years, has only cracked once. I want to buy this IPhone 3 off of CL (Craigslist) and see how well it lasts.
As well as the reasons as my stereo only plays via CD and Apple. (No aux so no cheating with mp3 or Pandora..-sigh-)

So. What would I need to do if i buy this iPhone? I don't really want to add another number line.
If I put the iPhone on Internet (LAN), will I be able to fully use it?

The phone is from AT&T, I'm from Verizon.

Main useage for the phone will be games, music. I have my main phone for the calling texting and such. Thoughts? Please throw it all at me, I don't bite c;

-Skae

Last edited:
She(seller) said that the phone was previously used and connected through at&t, but is not currently connected through anything.

If she sold the phone to me, would there be anything that could..result in the phone not being able to be used? Such as service could be locked, to where I can't use the phone at all. Thoughts?

Hi, @Snik, and welcome to iPhoneForums!

Please don't think that anybody is really scared because you're an Android user. ;) I had an SGS 3 until last November, when I received my iPhone 6 plus.

It seems there was no one yet who can answer your questions. Sometimes this can take some time, but hopefully someone will be able to assist. I'd like to, but I don't really know enough about your carriers to be of help to you.

While you wait for someone to answer, maybe looking around our forums will provide you with information you need about the iPhone, or you'll find the solution by reading the discussions.

My carrier is Verizon, yet I don't plan to have the phone connected through service. I am just kinda exploring iPhones so I can connect it with my Stereo. It plays CDs, radio and only through Apple. (Pandora hehe)
I found a iPhone gs3. You think it will hold Pandora? Over WiFi of course.

The iPhone 3G can only be updated to iOS 4.2. Most apps and games require a later iOS version in order to work. The Pandora app won't work on the iPhone 3G as it requires iOS 4.3.

Last edited:
Will pandora work through gs3?

The highest supported OS for the iPhone 3GS is 6.1.6, so it would work.

Welcome to the forum. I've been back and forth between the iPhone and Android for years. The iPhone 6 has become by far my favorite phone now :)

Cool :D I've always stuck with android due to my parents and the whole "no no no. Bad battery. Dress to impress.",and i have always needed a phone that's durable and can withstand me dropping it and the work I do. I'm always using it, so battery needed to be considerably good.
Edit to add ; can I take music off my Windows Media Player and put it onto the iphone? Or is it only through iTunes..

You would need to move the files from the media player to your desktop, convert them to MP3, then save them into your iTunes library using the desktop's file directory. As for the phone itself, a plain iPhone 3G would be essentially a waste of money at this point. You need at least the iPhone 3GS for Pandora at this point and even then, it was and is a GSM phone specifically, while Verizon is CDMA. I know you didn't say you had plans of activating the phone but if you ever wanted to give the phone a test run as your daily phone, you'll need at least an iPhone 4, as it was the first CDMA enabled version. And even then you need to be certain you're buying the CDMA, as the GSM was a separate model. I'm happy to see you here and maybe the time with iPhone will make you want to give a newer iPhone a shot as your daily phone. In any case, welcome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cool :D I've always stuck with android due to my parents and the whole "no no no. Bad battery. Dress to impress.",and i have always needed a phone that's durable and can withstand me dropping it and the work I do. I'm always using it, so battery needed to be considerably good.

I was an Android developer (apps, themes, ROMs) and moved to an iPhone in 2012. The "bad battery" is no longer an issue, I've been getting around 30 hours on a single charge on my iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, and now on my iPhone 6 - and that's with moderate use.

I have an iPhone and an android tablet they both work very well for me

Brandon
Scholten

i have an iphone 3g that i use for games and music and a windows phone i use for talking as for my 3g phone all i did was use an old simcard to activate it then upload my files via itunes