What's new

Would a iTouch lcd screen work in my iPhone 3g

idiot_outside

Reaction score
The LCD screen in my iPhone 3g has a lot of dead pixels and its spreading. My wife has a 2nd Gen iTouch that she never uses (the battery is crapping out and only last a little while). So I was wondering if the iTouch LCD screen would be compatible in my iPhone. I have taken my iPhone apart before without any trouble and just figured I would ask here before I went through the trouble of taking them both apart again.

I would think it would be worth a shot. Maybe have a look at the connectors of the two devices. There are 3 connectors that come from it on the phone. Hopefully it's the same for the touch.

The LCD screen in my iPhone 3g has a lot of dead pixels and its spreading. My wife has a 2nd Gen iTouch that she never uses (the battery is crapping out and only last a little while). So I was wondering if the iTouch LCD screen would be compatible in my iPhone. I have taken my iPhone apart before without any trouble and just figured I would ask here before I went through the trouble of taking them both apart again.

Definitely not, they are two different parts.

idiot_outside said:

Nope. Sorry.