What's new

Wifi issue on iphone 7

AshutoshAn

Reaction score
Since day 1, I have issue with wifi. It's intermittent. I have talked to apple support, have visited service centre, but still the issue persist. I have restored the phone to default, service centre guys kept the phone for observation.
The issue I experience is not specific to only my wifi at home, I face the same issue wherever I go and connect to wifi.

Other phones that I have they don't face this issue. Samsung, motorola and iphone4.
Any help would be much appreciated.

It sounds like a faulty antenna problem. If so, and your phone is within the Warranty period, I expect Apple will replace it.

Do you have it in a case? And if so what kind and what is it made of?? Could be a faulty antenna or coax or connection to the board. Which is most likely the reason it isn't working properly. But you never know.

It's not in a case..and my phone is in warranty, however service centre guys say they don't see any problem [emoji35]

Seems you have a very frustrating problem, Apple for sure have handy's to replace yours with if they wanted to. I guess they must replicate the fault first.
And because it's intermittent that's not easy for them.
I can only suggest you pay another visit and ask for more help with this, before the warranty runs out.
As carolineM says maybe the antenna is faulty, perhaps get that changed, no idea how much one costs, but it will convince them that the problem is REAL

If you know what l mean

Good luck

It's not in a case..and my phone is in warranty, however service centre guys say they don't see any problem [emoji35]

When you say service center what do you mean exactly Best Buy, independent shop, Apple Store, your service provider's brick and mortar shop?

Apple Store or Best Buy would be your best bets. JMHO.

He needs to be dealing with Apple and no one else on this. And they don't keep a iPhone for observation.

My nearest Apple Store is in Cologne about 60 miles not far away as the crow flies. But driving there just to be told that they don't see a problem and give my handy back to me. Only for it to go on the blink a week later would cause me to get very angry.
My handy is 6 months old iPhone 7 and get no help from Apple. Would you not be angry?
Ok l can use my 5s and leave it with them, no problem.
Assuming the owner brought from Apple, should they keep going back daily until the fault comes?
Before they swap it

But is his response from Apple? Maybe it's just my experience, but that is not how I have been treated by Apple.

But is his response from Apple? Maybe it's just my experience, but that is not how I have been treated by Apple.

I can understand that, however have you ever had to go to Apple for help with this kind of intermittent problem?
I have no wish to fight you on this, but surely you can see the owners side, once in a while?
Apple are not perfect, l have been LUCKY with my iPhones some owners not so.

What do you suggest he does now???

Usually, even with intermittent problems, Apple can find something in the analytics data.

I know Apple is not perfect but they don't hold a phone for observation. Ultimately, they are the ones that it is easiest to get to honor the warranty. And I fear he has a retailer giving him the runaround.

Well it's 4 days now since the first post l now want proof this iPhone was bought from Apple