What's new

why is my phone using so much DATA when i not using my phone??

kellymichellefenton

Reaction score
im seriously getting annoyed with my iphone .. it is using data for no reason!! i had 750 on the 9th and it now says i got 519mb left !!! why when i had no apps because i deleted all my apps i downloaded about a week ago and i didnt go on my internet for a good few days !!!
my internet mb's all went last month 2 weeks before my rolling date and i had to pay a extra 10 pound but i was never even using my internet !! why ????????//

im seriously getting annoyed with my iphone .. it is using data for no reason!! i had 750 on the 9th and it now says i got 519mb left !!! why when i had no apps because i deleted all my apps i downloaded about a week ago and i didnt go on my internet for a good few days !!!
my internet mb's all went last month 2 weeks before my rolling date and i had to pay a extra 10 pound but i was never even using my internet !! why ????????//

You have got to understand the iPhone is and Internet phone it is always connected to the Internet hence when you see iPhone contracts every single one of them will include data of some kind in the contract :) if you double tap the home button exit all apps open by holding them

Alternatively go to settings - general - network then turn off mobile data your iPhone will not connect to the Internet then

Hope this helps :)

Sent from my  iPhone 4S using Tapatalk ☠

Make sure you have all settings toggled to "off" in System Services which is located under Location Services. Also, see what apps you do have using location services. They will use data.

Make sure you have Cellular Data set to "off" in the App Store for automatic downloads.

Settings>General>About....scroll all the way down to Diagnostic and Usage....Make sure it's set to "don't send".

Or go to settings and turn Airplane Mode on.

Sent from my 64gb iPad

elitegamer767 said:
Not really practical if you want to be able to use your iPhone as a phone though is it?

Sent from my  iPhone 4S using Tapatalk ☠

This is true.

Sent from my 64gb iPad