Which is the better case for an iPhone 4S? A Soft Case or A Hard Cases?

Discussion in 'iPhone 4 Accessories' started by snappybux, Jan 9, 2013.

1. snappybux

snappybux New Member

I've been looking to buy a case for my iPhone because, even though a lot of people think it 'won't' break, I have bad luck with phones! lol I always manage to crack the phone one way or another....

I had an andriod phone, the Samsung Galaxy before the iphone and I liked the soft cases better with it as hard cases didn't seem to do squat....

Is that the same for iPhone's? I'm assuming it is but this is my first time with one so it'd be nice to know which is better.

Also, I'm going to buy a case from here:

New iPhone 4 4S 4G Soft Gel Silicone Rubber Case Cover Many Beautiful Designs

This seems like the best price I've found and the seller has good ratings for their cases so I'm kind of excited to buy one of these cases as I LOVE the designs!

Problem is I can't pick which one I like best! lol Any opinions on which looks better? That double red heart case really has captured my heart! :) lol
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2014
  2. willerz2

willerz2 Super Moderator Staff Member

I'd say the best way to maintain your device's integrity would be to not put it in the butt pockets. Learned that the hard way with my first iPhone, and day 2 of my iPhone 5 lol. But that aside, I'd say its up to you. I personally prefer hard cases so they don't slip off. Or if you overwork your iPhone like I do, an external battery case would suit your needs :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 
  3. wildcard6

wildcard6 New Member

I use an Incipio hard case. The bottom comes off so it's easy to dock, and ithas a small stand to put the phone on for Skype, Facetime, etc... A hard case is the way to go. Also, make sure you grab some screen protectors. Two great inexpensive investments that will definitely be worth it.
  4. snappybux

snappybux New Member

Well, at this point I'm not looking for anything specific for 'docking' so thickness isn't a big thing to me, I just want something so that way, if I drop it, like I tend to do a lot lol, it won't shatter! lol
    and yea, noooo butt pockets, I hate having anything in there anyway because if you sit, it's not comfy!!! lol

Wouldn't you guys think the soft bumper part of a silicon case would protect it if it fell face first? That's what always saved my old Samsung :) If it went towards the ground, the edge of the case on the front would bump off the ground, never touching the screen so it always remained prestined :)
  5. madlille

madlille New Member

Definitely get a case as soon as you can. I dropped my iPhone 4 after having it only about 10 hrs. No screen damage but it did crack the glass in a curved shape from the left side to the bottom. About a 1/2" from the corner. I didn't have a case or screen protector. It was on the first day I got it and it was my first smartphone. Needless to say, I proceeded to throw myself in front of a car.
    I have Asurion's (i think thats the name) Total Equipment Coverage for $10 a month. But I don't think it covers cosmetic damage. But does anyone out there know more about getting it fixed and for as cheap as possible?
  6. Seth86

Seth86 New Member

If you really have bad luck with phones, then you better get a case as soon as possible. I suggest a hard case. For me it's better.
  7. IphoneMommy

IphoneMommy Well-Known Member

I live the speck candy shell cases. If you don't mind the bulk otterbox is amazing. We have two young kids and both types work for us :)

iPhoneMommy
    ~Tech Obsessed Mom~
    iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Tapatalk Yo! :)
  8. Beast from the East

Beast from the East New Member

Using vapor element case, like it better than soft ones.
  9. CCLemon

CCLemon New Member

maybe you would need an otter box or lifeproof cases if are rough on your device.
  10. KevinJS

KevinJS Super Moderator Staff Member

Otter box Defender. Don't leave home without it.
  11. ranger101

ranger101 New Member

[Good Choice,, I,ve used Otterbox,s on my phones and never had any damage. One or the other would be good Otterbox or Lifebox. QUOTE=CCLemon;271949]maybe you would need an otter box or lifeproof cases if are rough on your device.[/QUOTE]
  12. Joseph Marie

Joseph Marie New Member

A case definitely gives full-proof protection to the gadget and saves it from any sort of accidental damage. A case definitely gives full-proof protection to the gadget and saves it from any sort of accidental damage. These cases come in a rainbow of colors ranging from red to white to black! Cases are available in a huge variety. They also come for specific models. Internet houses some excellent sites which sell top-quality, genuine accessories at prices worth dying for!
  13. VTR

VTR Well-Known Member

For protection - hard case definitely.
  14. Jrome.brooks

Jrome.brooks Member

Hard and soft

All up in ya using Tapatalk 2
  15. john doe

john doe Member

if theres a 5 below store in your area they have a case very similar to the otterbox for 5 bucks . its called the spektrum case .has a hard plastic inner case with a silicone rubber protective shell that goes over it .we have one on both our iphones .
  16. Thinkfreshdell

Thinkfreshdell New Member

I would look for a Hybird case. It gives you the best of both worlds. I've dropped my phone countless times, not one crack or chip. I believe i found mine on boxwave. AND yes the iPhone will break! haha good luck
  17. wildcard6

wildcard6 New Member

The Incipio I mentioned has survived drops on carpet, hard floors, and asphalt. Very rugged and well worth the $15.00.
  18. alex2020

alex2020 New Member

I usually put on a screen protector and leave my iphone as it is because I hate it when I use a case and it doesn't fit inside my pockets. I think you should go for a hard case, considering your history of breaking phones. But go for a thin one; that way you won't have to worry about the bulk and you can put your phone inside your pockets. Put on a screen protector too; I normally use screen protectors from gearmaxx because they are really good but you can opt for a tempered glass too. :)