What's new

Where did all my memory go?

The 1.3 gb is how much it needs to update. That's not the end result. I hardly lost any storage space at all after updating iOS 9. It needs space to update, but after it's updated that space is available again. IOS 9 does not take 1 or more gb permanently.
Well if you read my posts you'll see that's not what happened - on two different phones. Both phones have significantly less free space after the update, but my 5s has a lot less.

Well if you read my posts you'll see that's not what happened - on two different phones. Both phones have significantly less free space after the update, but my 5s has a lot less.
I have no clue what happened on your device. But I don't see everyone else complaining about losing 1 or 2 gb of storage. It simply doesn't do that. Your issue is something else. Try a restore as new. Not from a back up.

I just finished installing IOS 9, I was going to do it through iTunes but forgot.
Anyway it went like a dream (Only took just under 40 minutes in total) I started with 9.5GB of free space and I still have the same.

I was forced to do a system restore for ios 9.0.2 and before i had been maxing out on my 16gb phone after the restore i got back 1.5 gb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk