What's new

When i use headphones only getting one channel

shakreit

Reaction score
Thought my phone had a problem so I got a new iPhone and the problem persists. I used several different headphones and still only get one channel and using Bluetooth I still only get one channel. Any ideas?

1st thought is are you pushing the headphone plug home hard enough into the iPhone, as well as the BT adapter? when new they can be fairly tight.

I can remember my mom having this same problem a couple years ago. Turns out... the case she was using wouldn't allow 3 out of 4 headphones to plug in w/o removing the case. However, that doesn't alleviate the issue if you're having the same while using BT headphones.

Go to Settings/General/Accessibility. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and make sure the Left/Right slider is set to the middle.

Let's hope it works, eh? Only thing I can think of if it doesn't is a hardware fault, and that would be uncool.

KevinJS said:
Go to Settings/General/Accessibility. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and make sure the Left/Right slider is set to the middle.

but states got a new phone, so unlikely both had the balance set wrong?

Thomasjtsi said:
Good point... perhaps a user error while adjusting settings?

my electronic field service background makes me wonder if the o /p has an issue with his cd in the pc thats used, be well worth establishing when playing a cd both sides are heard through headphones, then again if playing back from M$ media player.

chances are the headphones are faulty, and a known working set should be tried to compare. i would also clean the plug with a fibre cloth as theses contacts can be tenuous, but my guess is still to push home the headphone plug hard ;).

Good point there as well. The OP, however, does mention that they've used a few different sets of headphones... even wireless BT headphones.

Kevin is Pure Genius. The Genius Bar couldn't make a suggestion, but gave me a new phone. That didnt work since i downloaded settings from the Icloud to load into the new phone. Still had the problem with the single audio channel. Kevin's suggestion was correct. Thanks so much Kevin, you are a genius.