What's new

Whats taking up other storage on my phone

gavinlee77

Reaction score
Hi
My phone memory level seems to be dropping even though I've not downloaded any new apps or added music or pictures so what could be causing this??
Thanks

Not made or taken any pics or videos and the level had changed.

Mail, contacts, calendar, texts and iMessages, app data, old files that didn't get deleted when you removed the associated app, album artwork, any jailbroken apps/tweaks and their data, temporary files like history in safari, the list goes on...

So how do I get rid of it so I can that memory space back? Don't have album art work or stuff like that on my phone, I always go in to settings and clear off the safari cookies & history

Also my phone ain't jail broken, don't keep any texts or iMessage always delete once read I have nothing set up in my calendar and I have 1 email on the phone surely that can't take up 0.58gb

The only sure way to get rid of the 'other' stuff you don't actually need is a restore. If your jailbroken you can use open SSH or iFile to get into the file system and delete unwanted data. You would need to be careful you don't delete anything important...

Yes. Via iTunes.

My list wasn't complete. Those were just the things of the top of my head. Like I said the list goes on...

Thanks if my memory gets really low I will restore but it's not a major issue at present, just wonder what was taking it up.

Just synced my phone and my memory dropped again!!

I've just freed up over 1GB of memory but deleting some apps like Facebook, Twitter and a few news apps and then reinstalled them and that got me over 1GB of memory back. This was all down to the amount of data and documents that these apps take up.