What's new

What do YOU think about iOS 7? (Poll)

What do you think of iOS 7?

• Total voters
Currently waiting on the phone to charge to 100%. Spent some time in Settings to get everything back to what I would consider "Normal" usage. Then I will hard reboot the phone and pull it off the charger. Over the next two days I should get a sense on what the new battery life is like.

BUT... I will say my inital guess is, they fixed the CPU usage issue. So far I haven't seen the CPU spikes like Beta 1.

The good so far:
Can't seem to reproduce the Parallax bug. That is a very good sign. Average Loads are looking much better for the OS.

The bad:
Calendar app is still completely useless. Notes is still using yellow on white for links.

The WT*BLEEP* are they thinking:
I wonder if anyone has ever told Mr. Ive that white on black is easier on the eyes and battery life. Seriously, you have to turn the brightness UP to deal with this awful almost pure white background crude he is pushing. Seriously would like to sit down with him and say:

"Sir, you do realize you that the customers with the most money are our age or older and that they have issues with seeing THIN BLACK LETTERING ON WHITE BACKGROUNDS THAT HAVE TO BE OVER SATURATED TO EVEN BE READ PROPERLY".

Wonder if that would finally get him to come back to reality.....

Getting ready to do the hard reboot, so I double click home and start swiping upwards to remove the apps from the list. Soon as I click on springboard, wallpaper goes to black.

So it looks like for every one issue they fixed, they broke something that was already working.

Getting ready to do the hard reboot, so I double click home and start swiping upwards to remove the apps from the list. Soon as I click on springboard, wallpaper goes to black.

So it looks like for every one issue they fixed, they broke something that was already working.
are all these problems par for the course when a new IOS is being tested? Or are there more than normal?

Compared to the iOS 6 betas, iOS 7 is buggier. Even iOS 5 betas didn't break existing working features like 7 has.

BUT, there is a catch this time. This is the first version with any kind of serious multitasking. So some of the issues I am seeing could be related to two programs fighting over who gets to update the screen.

Thanks for keeping us updated... Ummmmm... Skull... Wait is that a name?

I'll hopefully grab this once I get home on my good wifi.

I don't think I've seen anybody else mention it, and I guess it's not as big a deal to some, but the more I use it, the more impressed I am with the camera changes - it's much faster, better auto-focus, the zoom on the video works great (though sound recording needs some tweaking), does much better with flash shots, etc. Hopefully this trend continues in beta 2...

Last edited:
Was babysitting my youngest granddaughter this weekend and spent a LOT of time with the Camera app. jntdroid is spot on. Apple REALLY did a great job with the rewrite. Now if they could get the other apps to that level.

Thanks for keeping us updated... Ummmmm... Skull... Wait is that a name?

Technically it is a call-sign. It was giving to me back in 1977 by the Squadron Commander of VF-84 (Jolly Rogers) while I was visiting the Flight Ops of the USS Nimitz (CVN-68).

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372109873.452478.jpg

LOL. New feature. Clock on angry birds.

They really screwed up the status bar in Beta 2.

The more you i see you figuring out about bugs & fixes...
The more i feel that it'll take a great amount of time till iOS 7 will get launch for public users such as myself...
This is truly sad...

It happens on every full screen app, that I have tested, that doesn't already show the clock.

The more you i see you figuring out about bugs & fixes...
The more i feel that it'll take a great amount of time till iOS 7 will get launch for public users such as myself...
This is truly sad...

Actually, I have the exact opposite opinion. The fact that they have already squished at least two major issues that caused severe battery drain and that the OS and CPU stats are now back on par with iOS 6, I think they will make a September launch with no problems now.