What's new

Waterproof Battery Case

OscarSalazar__

Reaction score
Anyone know of or has seen a water proof battery case for the 7+?? Sort of like the life proof ones they made for the 6s and 6s plus I can't seem to find any anywhere at all

Hi l have seen something waterproof but it's not a case, more like a bag for diving.
Photographing fish and underwater landscapes etc.
It was some time ago.

Here is the LifeProof cases.
Waterproof iPhone 7 Cases from LifeProof | Four Proofs. Zero Doubt. | LifeProof
IMG_8997.jpg

The entire device is enclosed in the bag. While the phone itself determines the quality of the camera, you will want to smooth the plastic so it doesn't obscure the lens.

The entire device is enclosed in the bag. While the phone itself determines the quality of the camera, you will want to smooth the plastic so it doesn't obscure the lens.
The only problem with this type of waterproof housing is that is only usable at shallow depths. Water pressure at deeper depths can crush the iPhone, rendering it useless.

Reactions: 933
I believe it works for snorkeling. If you want to take photos scuba diving, you need a specialized camera.

Anyone know of or has seen a water proof battery case for the 7+?? Sort of like the life proof ones they made for the 6s and 6s plus I can't seem to find any anywhere at all
Not aware of any, including the Life Proof ones which are waterproof and a battery case.

Make sure you read and adhere to the directions when you first get one. Make sure to perform the water leak test on the case. And like said, don't use it for diving, snorkeling at shallow depths of less then like 10ft, shouldn't hurt it. Me personally, I would buy a waterproof camera and use one of them! Paid too much for my phone to take it in the water! Don't care what case is on it!!! Waterproof cameras are cheap these days compared to most cell phones!!! JMHO's.

Make sure you read and adhere to the directions when you first get one. Make sure to perform the water leak test on the case. And like said, don't use it for diving, snorkeling at shallow depths of less then like 10ft, shouldn't hurt it. Me personally, I would buy a waterproof camera and use one of them! Paid too much for my phone to take it in the water! Don't care what case is on it!!! Waterproof cameras are cheap these days compared to most cell phones!!! JMHO's.
I have an old Nikonos that's good to 150'.

Have you checked out the HitCase? I had one for my iPhone 6 and it performed well. Supposed to good to 30 feet.
When leak testing iPhone cases something needs to be inside the case to support the large surfaces or it will leak.
The Olympus TG-4 is good underwater to 50 feet without a housing. They have a housing for it for greater depths.

Water resistant is not the same as waterproof. Water resistant means the phone won't die in the event of a sudden rain shower, but doesn't mean it will be ok for use for several minutes in the rain without an umbrella or other protection.