What's new

Vodafone contract finished

bmahony

Reaction score
My 18 month contract finished and I asked for my unlocking code..I got it today..all it said to go was to sync my iPhone with apple..is that all there is to it..is there anything else to it..???I synced it with iTunes and was the same as all the other times I synced with itunes

You wouldn't notice a change other than it being able to accept sims from other networks.

I do believe that some networks tell you to restore your phone using iTunes. All it does is unlocks your imei in apples database.

itunes should give some message saying congrats your device is now unlocked

Unleashed said:

I didn't get any message:(:(

Unleashed said:
did you try enter another micro sim from another carrier?

Not yet On a pay as you go so I might try and get hold of another sim and try it

go to any carriers website threeuk, o2...etc and they will send you a few free sims

Unleashed said:
go to any carriers website threeuk, o2...etc and they will send you a few free sims

Will try local car phone warehouse on Wednesday I followed the instructions Vodafone gave me. It said all I had to do was sync it with iTunes and it should be unlocked..apple did whatever it does to unlock it through Vodafone so I presume it is.no message to say it was or wasn't so i presume it is:):)

Last edited:
bmahony said:
Will try local car phone warehouse on Wednesday I followed the instructions Vodafone gave me. It said all I had to do was sync it with iTunes and it should be unlocked..apple did whatever it does to unlock it through Vodafone so I presume it is.no message to say it was or wasn't so i presume it is:):)

Vodafone told me today that an error was made on their part in unlocking my phone after contract was finished..waiting for a c service rep to sort it out with the unlock:(:(:(

finally got the e-mail link today and followed instructions to the letter..i still got no message so i will have to go again to local car phone warehouse again like yesterday

bmahony said:
My 18 month contract finished and I asked for my unlocking code..I got it today..all it said to go was to sync my iPhone with apple..is that all there is to it..is there anything else to it..???I synced it with iTunes and was the same as all the other times I synced with itunes

This issue regarding unlocking this iPhone 4 which is out of contract now is gone beyond a joke now..between ringing Vodafone and emailing them it seems beyond me that I have followed the e-mail instructions down to the letter I still have not got the message to say on iTunes that it is unlocked now..we tried another sim today from another network and we still have no signal which leads me to believe that either apple or Vodafone have made an error somewhere..any suggestions of what I can do now..it's a genuine iPhone..no blacklisted stolen or a copy:(:(:(?????I forgot to ask is there anything I have to do with settings after I insert a different sim in it

Last edited:
Nothing you can do or will be able to do you shouldn't need to buy a sim card anyway trust me you will know once it's gone through you WILL get a message saying congratulations your iPhone is now unlocked as soon as you plug your iPhone in I know I had mine unlocked same way but as it hasn't happened yet keep chasing Vodafone up!

finally it has been factory unlocked today at last..the e-mail instructions vodafone sent me where missing the bit about inserting a different sim to unlock it..i now have the option of 2 at the moment payg sims to use until i can sort another contract cheaper than my last company:):pthanks