What's new

Virtual memory problem

imran

Reaction score
I am using iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1 jailbreak. In recent days when I run an application e.g, Facebook, the virtual memory goes down to 16MB and the phone restarts immediately. Sometimes spring board crashes. It happens even if talk for a long time. I don't have any laptop now so I can't restore my phone. Is there any other way to fix this??

Too much is being used for caching other things. When you leave an app open and you don't empty out the cache, your last "safe point" is cached so that once you tap on the app again, it'll return you to where you left off.

How can empty the cache. I can do that for safari, but what about other apps???

Get SBSettings from Cydia. Once you perform the gesture for SBSettings (default it's swiping left or right on the statusBar), you'll have a little drop down window that shows you how much Available Memory you have left. To clear your cache, tap on the 'Process' button, and click "Free Up Memory" and give it a few seconds. You should then see a change in the "Available Memory". Also use the Process feature to close out the process for apps that were running, then tap on Free Up Memory to consolidate it all.

I've done that several times already....the result is same so far......:(

See if you see a panic.plist in your diagnostics and usage. If you see low memory, that's normal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

How can I increase the memory and make the phone work smoother like the new one??