What's new

Video Pulsing

Alan185

Reaction score
Hi

I've got an issue when videoing using my iphone 14 pro. The video pulses in and out on the subject. See video clip in the following link:

I've found the following advice on the internet that could possibly prevent this from happening:
  1. Go to Settings → Camera → Record Video.
  2. Turn on Lock Camera.

Can someone please verify that turning on the Lock Camera mode in the Record Video setting will solve my Video Pulsing problem?

Hi

I've got an issue when videoing using my iphone 14 pro. The video pulses in and out on the subject. See video clip in the following link:

I've found the following advice on the internet that could possibly prevent this from happening:
  2. Turn on Lock Camera.

Can someone please verify that turning on the Lock Camera mode in the Record Video setting will solve my Video Pulsing problem?
I think your problem is more of camera shake. Have you tried using a gimbal to keep your phone absolutely still whilst filming?

Last edited:
Hi

2. Turn on Lock Camera.

I presume you’ve tried videoing whilst remaining still, because the effect on the video is what you’re likely to get if you’re trying to video and walk at the same time! It looks as though the ‘pulsing’ is in time with your strides!

I think your problem is more of camera shake. Have you tried using a gimbal to keep your phone absolutely still whilst filming?
Thanks carolineM. Yes I do have a gimbal and will do some tests using the gimbal and the phone only.

I presume you’ve tried videoing whilst remaining still, because the effect on the video is what you’re likely to get if you’re trying to video and walk at the same time! It looks as though the ‘pulsing’ is in time with your strides!
Thanks for your advice Aerofly. I set up some tests to see if I can eliminate this effect.