What's new

using only specific parts of a theme

bknewtype

Reaction score
is this possible? currently i installed the 1nderful HD theme. while i like it, i also like the look of the stock icons better along with some bg colors. i do however really like the taskbar/status bar on top. is there a way i can just alter the files to only display the statusbar while leaving everything else stock? thanks in advance

Short answer is yes.

However, it will take some work on your part to get it done. What I do to modify a theme (I'm the opposite as I ONLY like the icons themed) is I put the theme on my Windows 7 computer. I use iFunbox to do this, though there are other ways. The address on your device for themes is var/stash/Themes

The, on my computer, I go through every folder of the theme and delete the stuff I don't want (this is the [tedious] "work" part). Once you have finished, put the modified theme back on your phone (in the same place - I usually rename it).

Then, go to Winterboard, activate your new theme, respring and enjoy.

Again, I do this with every theme I buy because I just want the pretty icons. It IS a lot of work but worth it to get the effect you want.

Good luck.

Marilyn

Short answer is yes.

However, it will take some work on your part to get it done. What I do to modify a theme (I'm the opposite as I ONLY like the icons themed) is I put the theme on my Windows 7 computer. I use iFunbox to do this, though there are other ways. The address on your device for themes is var/stash/Themes

The, on my computer, I go through every folder of the theme and delete the stuff I don't want (this is the [tedious] "work" part). Once you have finished, put the modified theme back on your phone (in the same place - I usually rename it).

Then, go to Winterboard, activate your new theme, respring and enjoy.

Again, I do this with every theme I buy because I just want the pretty icons. It IS a lot of work but worth it to get the effect you want.

Good luck.

Marilyn

thanks for the info. i watched a tutorial on youtube and it seems complicated but straight forward. since i only want the task bar themes, would that be easier to achieve? like in a way can i just delete pretty much everything and just leave anything related to the status bar? to follow up on that, would you know which names pertains to which icon on the status bar?

Yes you can.

I like taking the UI images folder and copying it the icons theme I like.

Or I will create a folder called custom and add the bundles, Folders, UI images folder to it. Even the plist for my icon names to be a certain way. Takes some time but looks really cool.

I like 4Real HD UI images. They look stock but with much more HD to it. I use that UI with Elite pro icons.

Yes you can.

I like taking the UI images folder and copying it the icons theme I like.

Or I will create a folder called custom and add the bundles, Folders, UI images folder to it. Even the plist for my icon names to be a certain way. Takes some time but looks really cool.

I like 4Real HD UI images. They look stock but with much more HD to it. I use that UI with Elite pro icons.

I only specifically want the taskbar theme from 1derful. Know how to just run that? Like i can probably just delete almost the whole theme and leave everything related to the taskbar?

Sent from my iPhone using the paid version of Tapatalk

Taskbar images are in a couple different places:
theme\Folders\UIKit.framework
theme\UIImages OR theme\Bundles\com.apple.UIKit
And you might want to check theme\Info.plist for anything affecting the taskbar as well.

If you're away from the computer, you can also do this using iFile.

BUT ... it's harder and a lot slower.

I usually do that when I want to modify only a couple of icons though. Doing it on the computer is really preferable.

If you're away from the computer, you can also do this using iFile.

BUT ... it's harder and a lot slower.

I usually do that when I want to modify only a couple of icons though. Doing it on the computer is really preferable.

Well that depends on how large the theme is.