What's new

Use Newsstand as an App Folder without Jailbreaking

Thomasjtsi

Reaction score
$untitled.jpg

From what I've read... you'll need to be running iOS 6.0 or higher for this trick to work. With a little bit of timing and practice your end result is an infinite scrollable folder that you can put as many apps in as you wish. Here's the trick...

Step 1:
Place the Newsstand folder anywhere on the second page of the Home screen.

Step 2:
Place the apps that you would like to move into the Newsstand folder on the third page of the Home screen.

Step 3:
Swipe to the third page of the Home screen containing the apps that you would like to move.

Step 4:
Press the Home button once, and then immediately tap and hold on the app that you wish to move.

Step 5:
Continue holding on the screen until the Home screen moves to the first page due to your press of the Home button.

Step 6:
Release your hold on the screen and immediately swipe back to the second page containing the Newsstand folder

Step 7:
If the trick worked correctly, then you should see wiggle mode enabled.

Step 8:
Tap on the Newsstand folder to open it, and then press the Home button once to close it.

Step 9:
You should see the app that you tapped and held on in Step 4 move into the Newsstand folder.

Remember... timing is key in making this glitch work. If you have any issues please see the source below for a How-to video, additional information, and other variances.

Source: How to use Newsstand as an app folder without jailbreaking

Wowsers, good find! Thanks for posting this trick. I guess the Newsstand app has a use on my iphone after all.

Anyone get this to work yet? I think my old hands aren't quick enough.

I got it! You have to be quick.

1. tap home then immediately tap the app you want to move
2. when the the screen goes back home immediately swipe to the newsstand screen
3. wait for jiggle mode, press the home button to close newsstand and then reopen newsstand and the moved app should move into the newsstand.

It works great, but it doesn't survive a reboot.. after a reboot the apps you moved into the newsstand are no longer in the newsstand.

Maybe I'm missing something. I don't see a real benefit other than just not having an empty newsstand.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Better verify that apps in the Newsstand folder are backed up. Newsstand has special status to iOS utility programs and things inside may be treated differently than apps in other folders.