What's new

Upgrading from ios 4.3 to iOS 6 Help

brookey12

Reaction score
Right guys im in a real pickle here and need some help so i thought id come here.

Right so here goes, My friend gave me his son's iphone 4 so that i could put ios 6 on there for him and Jailbreak it on ios 6, but the problem is i am having great difficulty getting ios 6.0 on to his iphone 4, He is currently on iOS 4.3

I have tried a few solutions like using tiny umbrella and putting it into DFU mode and then restoring it but i get error 3194,

So what i tried then was opening tiny umbrella going to "start tss server" and tried restoring that way but still no luck as keep getting error 3194, so i was then told on another site while tss server is running check your hosts file and if you see " 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com" then delete it and save your hosts file, (There was also a 127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com ther ebut i left that) but keep tss server running which i did, then tried a restore and got a error 11 now on itunes, so im out of ideas, so can anyone help, i don't want to upgrade to ios 6.1.3 as there isnt a untethered jailbreak for it is there?

So if anyone can give me like a step by step guide on how to get this done from ios 4.3 to ios 6.0.

Thanks in advance guys

Last edited:
You can only selectively restore the iPhone 4 if you have SHSH blobs. If you want to install 6.0 which is no longer being signed, you MUST have SHSH blobs saved for iOS 6.0 for your specific iPhone 4. If you don't know what SHSH blobs are, then chances are you or your friend has not saved them, and no, there is no way to save them anymore. The only option without SHSH is 6.1.3.

You can only selectively restore the iPhone 4 if you have SHSH blobs. If you want to install 6.0 which is no longer being signed, you MUST have SHSH blobs saved for iOS 6.0 for your specific iPhone 4. If you don't know what SHSH blobs are, then chances are you or your friend has not saved them, and no, there is no way to save them anymore. The only option without SHSH is 6.1.3.

Thanks for the reply mate, yeah i know what shsh blobs are and have them saved for 4.3 but not 6.0 so i guess ill have to jailbreak it on 4.3 for him, but thanks for the reply anyway mate its really appreciated

Thanks for the reply mate, yeah i know what shsh blobs are and have them saved for 4.3 but not 6.0 so i guess ill have to jailbreak it on 4.3 for him, but thanks for the reply anyway mate its really appreciated

Ok thanks for the reply mate its really appreciated,
So i have another problem now
I went ahead and decided to jailbreak it on the fw its already on (4.3)
So i used redsn0w_win_0.9.15b3, and ipsw 4.21 as i read you have to choose 4.21 even tho ur on 4.3, so i did and it jailbreaks it fine all up until the apple logo comes on to load the phone up and it stays on the apple logo with that little spinner and stays like that, i left it on like that over night and it was like that this morning so i restored the phone back to normal 4.3 and then tried with ios 4.3 ipsw on redsn0w and it still did the exact same thing so what do i do now? im stuck, literally lol,

thanks for the help guys its really appreciated

It boots in tethered mode no problem at all but just freezes when booting normally and the spinner just freezes on the apple logo, help!

Ive changed the title as well as i have the new problem with the freezing, if its in the wrong section can an admin move it please thanks

You can't restore to 4.3 either since you need blobs. The only iOS that does not require blobs is 4.1. All other iOS mandates blobs, regardless of what iOS header (4.X, 5.X, 6.X)

You can't restore to 4.3 either since you need blobs. The only iOS that does not require blobs is 4.1. All other iOS mandates blobs, regardless of what iOS header (4.X, 5.X, 6.X)

Ive already restored twice to 4.3 cause i had the blobs and used ifaith to make a signed custom firmware so i can restore to 4.3, but as i said thats not the issue, the issue is after jailbreaking it the iphone goes to the apple boot logo and the spinner comes on and it freezes and doesnt move at all,

Put it into Recovery Mode and do a recovery fix. After any and all custom IPSW restores you must recovery fix.

so i basically put it in recovery mode, open tiny umbrella and click exit recovery is that correct?

ok stay online and ill do that and let ya know if it works ill be 2 mins now, really appreciate the help

Nope didnt work i put it into recovery mode, and then opened tiny umbrella and then clicked exit recovery and it didnt work its still on the apple logo with the spinner but the spinner aint moving

Use RedSn0w to restore the device. Download 0.9.15 beta 3. Run it as an administrator if applicable. Go to Extras > Even More > Restore. Select IPSW and point it to the 4.3 IPSW. For blobs, select Remote, or Local if they're saved on your computer and not on Cydia. When the message comes up for baseband preserving say that you want to preserve the baseband. After the restore is finish, perform a recovery fix.

Use RedSn0w to restore the device. Download 0.9.15 beta 3. Run it as an administrator if applicable. Go to Extras > Even More > Restore. Select IPSW and point it to the 4.3 IPSW. For blobs, select Remote, or Local if they're saved on your computer and not on Cydia. When the message comes up for baseband preserving say that you want to preserve the baseband. After the restore is finish, perform a recovery fix.

Ok ill try that now, when I do it via redsn0w will it jailbreak it as well at the same time or will I have to do that separately as earlier it worked fine when I restored it with the I faith ipsw 4.3 I made and it came on (without a jailbreak of course) but then after jail breaking it with redsn0w that's when the problems occurred and didn't load and froze on the apple boot logo screen,