What's new

Upgraded To IOS7 = Phone Stuck in Constant Reboot Loop

lcp03o

Reaction score
Hi

I have 2 x iphone 4 phones. Both were jailbroken on IOS version 5.1.

Phone 1 - I managed to upgrade to IOS 7 with no issues.

Phone 2 - I ran the upgrade to IOS 7 in the settings section on the iphone. The upgrade completed, but when the phone boots up the apple logo shows for about 5 seconds, then the phone powers off, Then the phone trys to reboot again and is stuck in a loop.

I do not have a backup of the phone so I need to recover my numbers pics and so on. I can put the phone in to recovery mode but is there a way to simply reinstall the IOS and not do a restore and lose the data on the phone??

When I connect my iphone to itunes I can click on the restore button, but thr update button is greyed out. If I was to download the IOS7 .ipsw file could I simply reload IOS7 via the restore button??

Thanks

I'm assuming you straight upgraded the iPhone without removing any critical launch daeman changes or you did not allocate enough space for the 700MB+ data shifting when upgrading from a jailbroken to a stock iOS.

Unless you have OpenSSH/OpenSSL on your device, which you no longer have since it was either shifted to a cached directory or removed completely, you can't dump your device's HDD, meaning you can't retrieve the data. Period.

If the Restore button is greyed out while the device is in Recovery Mode, put it into DFU mode and restore. You can't update a boot looping/recovery looping device because the iOS isn't recognized in these states, and even if it's possible, your device is already on iOS 7, so there's no upgrade possible.