What's new

iPhone 7 Boot Loop After Tweakbox

Reaction score
Hello,

My iPhone 7 is now stuck in a boot loop. I have experienced crashes here and there, but it always rebooted, even if I had to rejailbreak it afterwards, it would always work out. This time, however, it is stuck in a boot loop and the last change I made was installing Tweakbox.

Unfortunately, my Macbook Pro also crashed recently, forcing me to wipe it out and reinstall OS and manually transfer files. This is not a big deal except that I do not have a recent (or any iOS backup files).

Is there any chance of saving my data from the phone? I don't care so much about having to restore and even update iOS, just would be nice if I could grab my photos if nothing else. Thanks in advance! :)

Specs:
iPhone 7 iOS 11.x.x (can't remember exactly)
Jailbroken with Electra

Unfortunately without a backup of your iPhone you'll lose your data as the only way to get your iPhone back to working order will erase everything on it. Restoring your iPhone will also update it to the latest version of iOS, which has no current jailbreak.
BTW, Tweakbox is a pirated App Store where users get paid apps for free. Our advice is that in the future don't try to get paid content for free.

Thank you for your reply! Yeah I tried it upon recommendation from a friend for only for a day or so, then forgot about it and woke up to a bricked iPhone. Foruntately, Apple replaced my phone at no charge, so I am thankful for that!

Would it be possible to recover iOS 11 onto my device by way of using someone else's backup file and restoring it to my device? Suppose I have a friend or family member with a backup, if they give that to me along with their Apple ID and password, wouldn't that allow me get iOS 11 back onto my device? Then, just sign out of their account and delete their content?

Apple is no longer signing iOS 11. If you tried installing iOS 11 on your iPhone it would fail the online verification. If you want iOS 11 on an iPhone 7 you’ll have to buy one that’s still on iOS 11.