What's new

Unwanted words in dictionary?

thekilikabeast

Reaction score
Hi,

I've had my iPhone for a week now and I love it.....

...... but, every time I try and type 'kev' (my mates name) the iPhone prompts me that it recognises 'keV' and if I don't cancel the prompt it types keV which obviously is not what I wanted. Now I hope this isn't going to become a huge problem with other words too. Because I had a Samsung Pixon before this and it had this same problem, leaning unwanted words, which ruined the phone for me as I text a lot.

I have already went into Settings>General>Reset>Reset Keyboard Dictionary it then asks me for my passowrd and gives me the option to 'Reset Dictionary'.

But the problem persists!

Is keV maybe an original word in the iPhone dictionary? Seems a touch odd if it is.

Main question is;

How do I get rid of the erroneous keV?
Or
How do I get the iPhone to recognise kev instead of keV?

Thanks,
Fraser.

Just noticed that 'hun' (as in referring to my girlfriend) is always prompted as 'Hun' even though it is not at the start of a sentence.

I would also like to be able to type 'i' in the lowercase, rather than the default 'I' as I think that the default 'I' looks too much like a number 1 and doesn't read very well in a text message.

Is there any way to turn capitalisation off?

EDIT:

Settings>Keyboard>Auto-Capitalization only turns off the auto-capitalisation after a full stop (period).

So keV / Hun / I all persist.

Also it does not turn off the auto-capitalisation off names.

The text feature on the iPhone is starting to really bug me.

Last edited:
What I have done so far;

I have turned Auto-Correction off so these annoying corrections go away. So when I now type 'kev' i get kev, not keV. Same with hun and Hun / i and I.

I have also turned Auto-Capitalization off because it just looks silly having a capital 'I' at the start of a sentence and a lowercase 'i' half way through the same sentence.

My only issue will be spelling with Auto-Correction turned off. I really liked the feature as I often make spelling mistakes.

So any other way off combating this issue would be much appreciated.

you can turn them back on, and try searching the names in google search, it should add them words to the dictionary. and you might have to a few times