What's new

Unlocked phone..

Jbakersatx

Reaction score
I have an friend that has found himself stuck in Belarus with a failing phone. If I were to grab him an unlocked phone off Amazon or wherever, is there anything particular I need to look for? Is there an important difference between a factory unlocked or international unlocked phone?

He mentioned something about their wall sockets being 220, I assume the phone doesn't care since there is going to be a transformer involved.. Or should I send him a special power cord?

Any possible advice would be greatly appreciated

Yes. Make sure that it is the correct bands for carrier he wants to use there. Like ATT and Verizon have different band phones and one will not work on the others network. Also Check phone to make sure it’s truly unlocked and that the iCloud and iTunes services have been removed from said phone or you will just have a door stop. Hope some of this helps. I’m sure others will have more to say and much more info. Good day

Dose he have tried unlock iPhone ? how did he do it ?

Unlocking an iPhone has to be done by the carrier it's locked to. Some carriers charge a fee for doing so. In other countries, such as Canada, carriers are prohibited from charging a fee to unlock a cellphone.

As far as I understand it, in the UK and hence perhaps in some other countries, if you buy the iphone from an Apple dealer or Apple store, it comes unlocked.

Unlocking an iPhone has to be done by the carrier it's locked to. Some carriers charge a fee for doing so. In other countries, such as Canada, carriers are prohibited from charging a fee to unlock a cellphone.
No way, my friend recently unlocked the iPhone, I mean unlock the lock password.

No way, my friend recently unlocked the iPhone, I mean unlock the lock password.
A carrier locked iPhone can't be unlocked without the cooperation of the carrier as someone without proper authorization wouldn't have access to the database where the carrier locking status of the phones is stored. In the case of an unknown lock screen password, you'll have to connect to iTunes on your computer and erase the iPhone, resulting in the loss of any data on the iPhone. The iPhone can't be backed up because you'd need the password before being able to unlock it.

Last edited:
This is the EDITED that my friend used to use,Maybe I can prove it.
That tool does exactly what connecting to iTunes and erasing the iPhone does. It leaves an erased iPhone with all data deleted, including the password. It still leaves no way to access the data on the iPhone.