What's new

Unlock australian Ifone4

ed563

Reaction score
Hi all.

I bought a Iphone 4 in australia. I was on a pay-as-you-go plan with telstra (cellular provider).
Before i left australia, i phoned telstra and told them to unlock my phone from their network.

I get home, i try to activate my iphone with sasktel. And they are telling me that my phone is still locked on with telstra.

I need directions form someone to help me unlock my phone so i can activate it with sasktel (canadian provider).

Can somebody please help me, the simplest way. I would like to avoid downloading jail break programs ect...

im a noob at this iphone stuff.

ed563 said:
Hi all.

I bought a Iphone 4 in australia. I was on a pay-as-you-go plan with telstra (cellular provider).
Before i left australia, i phoned telstra and told them to unlock my phone from their network.

I get home, i try to activate my iphone with sasktel. And they are telling me that my phone is still locked on with telstra.

I need directions form someone to help me unlock my phone so i can activate it with sasktel (canadian provider).

Can somebody please help me, the simplest way. I would like to avoid downloading jail break programs ect...

im a noob at this iphone stuff.

Hi.

Normally, the provider has to contact you by email when they have unlocked the device. Usually takes a few days.

Call them and find out whats going on.

No one but the provider can help with that.

Especially if the phone is ios 5 with 4.11.08 baseband (settings-general-about-modem firmware) you cant unlock even if you wanted to, without the cArrier

it is ios5
thank you for your help
its been almost 2 weeks since i have unlocked it. no email. nothing.