What's new

Unable to sync notes

Repp1

Reaction score
It seems as though the iCloud problems never cease. I have an iPhone 4s, iPad & iPod touch. They're all connected under the same account. I know that practically everybody is having problems with getting the camera to sync, so I won't even go there in this thread. But now I can't get Notes to sync either. Sync notes is turned on, on all devises, but whatever I add to one device does not get added to the others.
When I first tuned the sync switch on, I got a message saying that I had to open an iCloud mail account. I did so, and I turned the sync mail switch on. Now every time I check My mail, I get a "Cannot get mai" error message. And my notes don't sync. Anybody have any answers?

I have the same problem which started a few days ago. Is it iCloud or should I restore the iPhone?

I am using Notes in iCloud to sync since Outlook Notes is no longer syncing. It works great except I cannot use my computer to update notes unless I have internet access, although, I can always use my iPad or iPod touch.

If you backup with iTunes and you restored from the backup and the notes were gone, then there is no where to retrieve them from unless you have another backup that contains those notes.
Launch iTunes on the computer and go to iTunes>Preferences>Devices. You will see a window with all of your backups listed in it.
If you see a recent backup that you are certain contains the notes that you need, recover deleted notes on iPhone backup. If it does't work, maybe you can try some recovery tool.