What's new

Two questions about the IPhone 4S: Email and Jailbreaking.

ThePrisoner

Reaction score
I am considering switching to the IPHone 4S because of frustration with my Droid 3. I have concerns though. After doing lots of reasearch, it would seem the best call-bloking app is IBlacklist. Now, I know there are ways to jailbreak the phone, but are there real risks involved? Though I am good at taking care of technology, should something go wrong, would the phone being jailbroke make it more difficult to repair?

The second question involves email. Because I have an IPod Touch, am aware you can add most accounts. How does the IPhone check mail? Can it data push or does it work on a pop system where you have to mannualy check the account? Does it play well with most email accounts (including AOL?) My small business email address is AOL. AOL and Google don't play well together.

Thanks for any replies and information.

Thanks for the update. Looks like I won't be getting the IPhone 4S then. Very privacy oriented, have found call blocker/text message blocker for unknown calls/restricted calls is great. Don't want to lose it.

michelleahern said:
Yes it can be jailbroken

Correct me with a understanding of jailbreaking. 4s and iPad 2 still in the loop. Jailbreaking isn't the answer if you can't do it.

ThePrisoner said:
Thanks for the update. Looks like I won't be getting the IPhone 4S then. Very privacy oriented, have found call blocker/text message blocker for unknown calls/restricted calls is great. Don't want to lose it.

We are able to block calls on iPhone 4??? How lovely!! How do we do that or where can I find instructions??

Sent from my Tricked Out Pink Hearts Glittery Verizon Black 32GB iPhone 4 using iPF.net

With Verizon just go to the website sign in and go to safety and you can block any number you want.

pandahou said:
With Verizon just go to the website sign in and go to safety and you can block any number you want.

Cool. Thanks !!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad using iPF.net