What's new

Traveling and time zones

HiddenPuppy

Reaction score
Hope this has not been asked before, I searched but did not find anything. If I am traveling, is it best to leave the time zone on "automatic" so it sets to the place I am? The reason I ask, is if I have a calendar event set for 7am New York time and go to Paris France, I don't want it to go off at 7am Paris time, but 7am New York time. Since Paris is 6 hours ahead of New York that would be 7am New York and 1pm Paris time.

Which setting should I chose?

Thanks,
HiddenPuppy

Hope this has not been asked before, I searched but did not find anything. If I am traveling, is it best to leave the time zone on "automatic" so it sets to the place I am? The reason I ask, is if I have a calendar event set for 7am New York time and go to Paris France, I don't want it to go off at 7am Paris time, but 7am New York time. Since Paris is 6 hours ahead of New York that would be 7am New York and 1pm Paris time.

Which setting should I chose?

Thanks,
HiddenPuppy

You should set it to manual update then it'll stay at New Yorks time. Or you could wear a watch on each wrist 😜

iHolophyte

You should set it to manual update then it'll stay at New Yorks time. Or you could wear a watch on each wrist 

iHolophyte

Very Cute and funny, the watch comment ;0) I needed a laugh today. Thanks for the info, but my worry is that I will need to make appointments for the "foreign local time zone" so do I just try and set them for the New York time, adjusted. That is if the appointment is at 1pm in Paris I would have to set it for 7am, New York time. I know when I had a Palm I could pick time zones in the calendar and so you could set to local time and appointments followed the time zone you chose when setting up appointments. That way the alarm would ring at the right time for the appointment in the chosen time zone.

Thanks,
HiddenPuppy

Very Cute and funny, the watch comment ;0) I needed a laugh today. Thanks for the info, but my worry is that I will need to make appointments for the "foreign local time zone" so do I just try and set them for the New York time, adjusted. That is if the appointment is at 1pm in Paris I would have to set it for 7am, New York time. I know when I had a Palm I could pick time zones in the calendar and so you could set to local time and appointments followed the time zone you chose when setting up appointments. That way the alarm would ring at the right time for the appointment in the chosen time zone.

Thanks,
HiddenPuppy

I honestly don't know hence my joke of the situation. I'm sure someone around these near parts can answer this for you. If all else fails give me your number I'm in the UK so an hour behind France time and I'll set my alarm clock to wake me to text you (laughs out loud) joking apart I hope you get a real answer soon. Good luck.

iHolophyte

I honestly don't know hence my joke of the situation. I'm sure someone around these near parts can answer this for you. If all else fails give me your number I'm in the UK so an hour behind France time and I'll set my alarm clock to wake me to text you (laughs out loud) joking apart I hope you get a real answer soon. Good luck.

iHolophyte

I do appreciate your humor and your desire to help!

Have a good day,
HiddenPuppy