What's new

Transfer pics and vids iphone to ipad

jockmcd

Reaction score
Got an iphone4 jailbroken on 4.3.3 also got an ipad3 jailbroken 5.1.1 also bought a 5 in 1 camera thing , if i plug my phone into this and attach to ipad will i be able to put vids and pics from my iphone to ipad ? Just back from a festival and would like to view larger screen, cheers all :)

I've not tried to move items from my iPad directly to my phone or vise versa. I connect one to my MBP and then onto my MPB via iFunBox. Once I have everything on my MBP, I disconnect and connect the other device and drag to it via iFunBox.

convert video by pc , transfer video to ipad . lolo Many video format iphone does not support. You need to download a converter. For example, you want to see MKV video format so you can Google search " MKV converter MAC ". Many software you can choose.

Maybe some confusion here deffo for me upon reading the above 2 answers ?

Basically ive recorded and took photos on my iohone surely they can go to ipad and i wont have to convert them at all , even if it has to be done via laptop when i get home ?
What is MBP ?
can i move vids and pics to ipad from iphone without a computer or laptop ? I.e by using the 5in1 camera adapter ?

Cheers hope this avoids any confusion, by the way ive never heard of ifunbox so will look it up and see what i can do with tgat, thank you.

jockmcd said:
Maybe some confusion here deffo for me upon reading the above 2 answers ?

Basically ive recorded and took photos on my iohone surely they can go to ipad and i wont have to convert them at all , even if it has to be done via laptop when i get home ?
What is MBP ?
can i move vids and pics to ipad from iphone without a computer or laptop ? I.e by using the 5in1 camera adapter ?

Cheers hope this avoids any confusion, by the way ive never heard of ifunbox so will look it up and see what i can do with tgat, thank you.

MBP=MacBookPro.

Simplest way to transfer photos between iPhone and iPad or v.v. is to email them to yourself. I assume it would work for videos you have taken too, although I've never tried it.

UPDATE: I just tried it and it works. The option to save the video is there.

Last edited:
Excellent so u can email it all and just save them to my ipad , good 1 ill give that bash when home , ive run outta data useage now nice 1 thanks .

Emailing videos is only good if they are short and small but yes it does work plugging your iPhone into the iPad to transfer your camera roll (pics/vid) via the camera connection kit weather the 5 in 1 will I do not known but the genuine apple USB one I have does hope this helps

Cool, on way home so will give a bash tomorrow :)

Here's another easy way. Purchase the Photo Transfer App. As long as your devices are connected via wi-fi, you can transfer photos AND videos, regardless of size, back and forth from the iPhone, iPad, or Windows PC.

The key is that they have to be connected to a wi-fi network, but it does transfer to and from a PC as well. The Camera Connection kit works as well, as should the 5 in 1 adapter.

Whats the actual name of this photo transfer app ?

Ah looks like i may have found it ;-) would you believe it its called *photo transfer app* ha.

I thought this is why we have PhotoStream...iDevices linked to the same account can share photos, videos..... Take a picture on one device and it's shared amongst the others via the cloud....

Not sussed icloud yet, is it good for stuff like that then ?

Actually, there's a very simple method. You will need the camera connection kit, though.
Plug the CCC USB adaptor into the iPad, then use the regular iphone USB cable to connect the two devices. The iPad will behave as if you are downloading photos from a regular camera.

I thought this is why we have PhotoStream...iDevices linked to the same account can share photos, videos..... Take a picture on one device and it's shared amongst the others via the cloud....

This is by far the cheapest and easiest way. With shared Photo Streams you don't even need to be on the same account to share between devices.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk