What's new

Touch ID

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have never set this up and don't have a pass code on my iPhone, I just never got around to it or saw the need for it.
Should I have it? How many of you actually use it?

I'm using it since I own iPhones, and I've also set it up on my iPad Pro. It's easy to unlock my passcode protected device that way. You have to remember your passcode, though, because it's required after restarting and updating the iPhone's software.

What if you lose your device, or even worse: what if someone steals it? The one who finds/steals it can easily use it,change and remove data, apps, settings, all of that within minutes, and you can't do anything against it, except for putting it into lost mode once you notice you don't find it. That's why I'm using a passcode, just to make sure something like that can't happen. I've never lost one of my devices before. It's just because I'd like to be on the safe side.

Mines only a 5s at the moment, but before that l always protected them. Be it with pass numbers or touch and find my phone. Just like a bank card, it's easy for me to remember them.
Why ? Well my thumb print is on my hand and the numbers are all the same, easy.

Gregory Isaacs R.I.P.

This might seem an odd question but here goes.....I frequently apply hand cream, Would this affect the iPhone detecting my finger print?

This might seem an odd question but here goes.....I frequently apply hand cream, Would this affect the iPhone detecting my finger print?
It could, if the hand cream wass freshly applied. You might have to wipe your fingers if the Touch ID scanner has problems after applying the hand cream.

Last edited:
It could, if the hand cream wass freshly applied. You might have to wipe your fingers if the Touch ID scanner has problems after applying the hand creek.

I see you use hand creek to [emoji38]

Gregory Isaacs R.I.P.

As an option, add one of more clean finger prints, then apply your cream. As normal and add one or more finger prints. That way your iPhone will see the print either way.

Gregory Isaacs R.I.P.

As an option, add one of more clean finger prints, then apply your cream. As normal and add one or more finger prints. That way your iPhone will see the print either way.

Gregory Isaacs R.I.P.
I've got Touch ID set up with four fingerprints, two from each hand. In addition there's no rule that prevents you from setting up Touch ID with fingerprints from more than one person, such as two people sharing the same device.

Close your eyes if your a bit scared of nasty sights.
But Touch ID even works with my short finger.
537f4773161a9eb9d9620376bc7a50d6.jpg

So l doubt a bit of cream is going to stop it.

Gregory Isaacs R.I.P.

I use a 6 digit passcode and Touch ID on my phone. I periodically have to reset the touch print, because either it slightly alters or something. After swimming in a chlorinated pool, my print would not be recognised!

I use a 6 digit passcode and Touch ID on my phone. I periodically have to reset the touch print, because either it slightly alters or something. After swimming in a chlorinated pool, my print would not be recognised!

So you could put in a new fingerprint or two just after drying yourself from your swim, then it should recognise it.

Gregory Isaacs R.I.P.