What's new

Tim Cook Gave the Commencement Address at George Washington University’s Graduation Ceremony

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
tim cook video.jpeg

This past weekend, Tim Cook gave the commencement address at George Washington University’s graduation ceremony, as it was selected by the university after being suggested by students. Cook also received an honorary doctorate for public service during the ceremony. Here are just some of the most important things he said, and you can have a look at the entire video at the end of this article.

"Your values matter; they are your North Star. Work takes on new meaning when you feel you are pointed in the right direction. Otherwise it's just a job, and life is too short for that. Work takes on new meaning when you feel you are pointed in the right direction. Otherwise it's just a job, and life is too short for that".

"You don’t have to choose between doing good and doing well. It's a false choice, today more than everI always figured that work was work. Values had their place. And yes there were things that I wanted to change about the world, but I thought I would have to do that in my own time, not in the office. Steve didn’t see it that way. He was an idealist".

“People who see injustice and want to expose it — now they can because they have a camera in their pocket all the time".

Source: Mashable