What's new

Thoughts for Apple from a dedicated user

Squintnose

Reaction score
I made the leap of faith from Windows to Apple some time ago and as a user, have not been disappointed in either the hardware or the software. I have however, two criticisms to make and I make these - not in a destructive sense, but hopefully from a best practice point of view.
(1) some time ago, in one of the upgrades to the iPhone OS, Apple decided that I was no longer going to be given the ability to control and play music through my iPhone/car stereo. If I select music now I get a splash screen telling me that I have an accessory connected. There has been a lot of correspondence on the Internet about this, but the net result is that there had been a noted increase on the number of people who appear to be making queries about how best to jailbreak their iPhones. I cannot believe this is in Apples' interests and I would ask them to seriously consider bringing back the lost facility on their next software upgrade?
(2) this is a little bit of a whine, but I hope it will be taken as constructive criticism! How on earth could Apple release the new iPhone 5 without having had the lightning to 30 pin adapter available at the same time? I accept that it would have had to be made under wraps since it would have proclaimed the change in the connection socket before the iPhone 5 made its debut. To have to wait for over 4 weeks and pay the best part of £30 for the privilege was not one o Apple's more glorious moments.
Love the products and the quality could we maybe just consider what the end-user would like?

here in the UK the adaptors were available right from release day of iphone 5.

1) All my iPhone's have been able to sync w/ my vehicle's "Microsoft Sync" system. The iPhone 5 by far connects and allows me to switch songs the fastest.
2) "Adapter-Gate..." beat to death just like "Antenna-Gate" w/ the iPhone 4 and "Yellow-Gate" w/ the 4S and the yellow tinted screens.

I personally think the connector change is a good change but it was a bit funny how big of a fuss they made of it in the presentation... I mean most users dont give a **** about what the connector looks like. :p