What's new

The iPhone 5 Could Bring Big Improvements as Its Assembly Proves to Be Complicated

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iphone-5-mockup.jpg

It seems that more and more sources confirm the launch of a new iPhone some time in the autumn.

Even though Apple remains silent and is still to confirm such rumors, Lorraine Luk of the Wall Street Journal is the new voice that brings forward suppliers who claim had received requests for parts for the new phone.

Apple’s plans for the new phone are definitely serious, if the rumors are true. Apparently, the company plans to distribute some 25 million units by 2012. Also, in manufacturing the new version, the company plans to use Han Hoi, one of its known partners.

Apart from details regarding the quantity and manufacturer of the new model, rumors about its design and capabilities have also been spread. Compared to the current model, the iPhone 4, the new one will apparently be slimmer and sport a brand new 8 megapixel camera, in stead of the 5 megapixel being used now.

Like any new undertaking, this one already has to go over a few speed bumps. Manufacturing the new iPhone is not without its problems, it seems. Apparently, the upcoming unit is “complicated and difficult to assemble”. This rumor is corroborated to some degree by the Hon Hai boss, Terry Gou, who admitted the problems encountered in the manufacturing of the iPad 2, which has lead to Apple having difficulties in coping with demand for the table

By Radu Tyrsina
Source: businessinsider

that's troublesome. how will we remove the battery in case it falls into water? Apple making things really hard nowadays.

Interesting! I am taking all the speculation, all the rumors, and all the guessing with a grain of salt... because nobody will know for sure until Apple decides to make their official announcement. :D

Interesting! I am taking all the speculation, all the rumors, and all the guessing with a grain of salt... because nobody will know for sure until Apple decides to make their official announcement. :D

That's a good point, but the fact that nothing is known till now scare me a bit. They will come up with a completely lock (no way to disassemble) device, what will we do then, when many have waited for months for it to be publicaly release.

That's a good point, but the fact that nothing is known till now scare me a bit. They will come up with a completely lock (no way to disassemble) device, what will we do then, when many have waited for months for it to be publicaly release.

It's not the same, I know, but this whole thing reminds me of the Harry Potter Hype. People would storm stores and snatch up the next book as it was released, then stay up all hours until they had finished it. And for what? Only to be eager and chomping at the bit for the next book, which would be a couple of years away. This is just another symptom that we all need to slow down, and enjoy the journey. What ever happens will happen.

This is Apple's game, and we're the pawns so to speak! ;)