What's new

The Best Solution to Play DVD .vob files on iPhone 5

PavtubeVideo

Reaction score
play-vob-videos-on-iphone-5.jpg

How can I play VOB videos on iPhone 5? - I have some .vob files copied from DVDs. I'm wondering how if I can put these DVD videos to my iPhone for watching. Is there any video player for supporting .vob format?

The iPhone 5's beautiful 1136×640-pixel screen may not be huge, but it's definitely a little nicer for watching movies than the old screen. However, currently the iPhone 5 including iPhone 4s, iPhoen 4 only supports H.264, MPEG-4 video in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats and Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) in .avi format. Obviously, .vob format isn't one of the supported formats on iPhone. If you wanna to play .vob files on your iPhone 5, the best solution is to encode/re-encode .vob to iPhone supported video formats MOV, M4V or MP4 first. Here is how:

Step 1: Download and Install Pavtube Video Converter. The tool is on sale (Buy one get one free) during Pavtube's Thanksgiving Special (Offer expire on Dec. 10, 2012).

The program can be used as an all-in-one video conversion app for iPhone 5. Besides vob, it can also help you convert almost various formats of 1080p/720p HD videos including MKV, AVI, MPG, MOV, MTS to iPhone 5. Meanwhile the quality of the converted videos is as decent as possible as original. The equivalent Mac version is the iPhone 5 Video Converter Mac, which can convert .vob and more videos to iPhone 5 on Mac OS X (Include Lion and Mountain Lion).

iphone-5-video-converter.jpg

Step 2: Select your movie. Click "Add Video" or "Add from folder" to import your source materials in .vob format. Batch conversion is supported so that you can add multiple files.

iphone-5-profiles1.jpg

Step 3: Choose the output format. Click Format > iPhone, you can easily find the three iPhone presets: iPhone 5 H.264 Full HD 1080P(*.mp4), iPhone 5 H.264 HD 720P(*.mp4) and iPhone 5 H.264 Full Screen 1136*640(*.mp4).

iphone-5-best-settings.jpg

Because I have an iPhone 5, I was able to test the resulting rip on my iPhone 5 — where all the ouput videos looked and sounded just fine. For encoding .vob files to iPhone 5, the preset iPhone 5 H.264 HD 720P(*.mp4) is highly recommended because it produced H.264 MP4 videos with good balance between video quality and file size.

Step 4: Adjust Video Quality. If you like, you can click "Settings" to change the video encoder, resolution, frame rate, etc. as you wish. According to my experience, the file size and video quality is based more on bitrate than resolution which means bitrate higher results in big file size, and lower visible quality loss, and vice versa. For watching videos on iPhone 5, 720p with 2000kbps is just all right.

Step 5: Start the conversion. After above settings, you can start the DVD .VOB to iPhone 5 MP4 conversion. Once the process completes, locate the files and transfer and copy the converted MP4 videos to your iPhone 5, here's the way to go:

1. Launch the iTunes and connect iPhone 5 to PC.
2. Choose "File – > Add File to Library…"
3. Drag the .mp4 file you want to the iPhone icon.

As you see, now you can effortlessly watch DVD .vob videos on iPhone 5 and enjoy the show. If your movie isn’t already in one of the supported formats or it’s still on a DVD or Blu-ray, you can get an all-in-1 video covnerter app - 20% OFF dsicount Blu-ray Video Converter Ulitimate (or its Mac Version - 20% OFF discount iMedia Converter Mac) to encode movies to play on your iPhone 5 effortlessly.

Not an iPhone 5 users? Converter also supports "common" video formats like MOV, M4V, and MP4, so you should be able to create files compatible with your iPad Mini, the new iPad, iPhone 4S/4, Microsoft Surface RT, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Nexus 10, Nexus 7, Galaxy Tab 2, Nook HD tablet, Asus Transformer Prime and other devices.