What's new

Text msg's wont refresh to latest

tach18k

Reaction score
I'm on a 4s Verizon, for a while the text messaging would refresh the new messges while texting. Now it no longer refreshes new messages and I have to go back to the Message's screen and reclick the senders name to see it refresh. Annoying as H to go back to get a new message. Any fix idea?

I had this same problem but on t-mobile UK i had it with 5.0 and 5.0.1 then i updated to 5.1 beta 2 and BAM all sorted so i'm not sure what the problem was but it went as soon as i upgraded to 5.1b2.

Sorry this isn't much help.

I'm on verizon as well. Same problem. I still get the text sound and see the Messages(1) alert, but the new text does not appear in the actual conversation screen until I leave the conversation and come back. If you have found a solution please share.

Have had my iPhone for a couple weeks, and this just started happening. I restart my phone and it's fixed for a day or two, and then it comes back. I just texted a couple people to check, and it seems like it may just happen with non-verizon carriers or non-iphone users, not certain though.

If it's any help now.. I've had the same problem on my iPhone, Messages won't rotate and it didn't refreshed to the latest message so I had to exit the conversation then enter again to see the latest message.

So, for me, the fix was that I simply doubletap the home screen button so all the open apps appear, long pressed on Messages and closed it. Next time I opened Messages all was ok and I've had no problems since.