What's new

TetherMe????

InkedAdrenaline

Reaction score
So what's the purpose of tetherme when we already have a personal hotspot option built in???

Verizon ip5 6.1.2 jb

jy9yre3u.jpg

The hotspot won't work unless you install TetherMe or purchase a tethering package from your provider. Try to turn it on, it will say something along the lines of "contact your provider to purchase a tethering package."

Verizon by default enables tethering and AT&T share every thing does also. Works great

The hotspot won't work unless you install TetherMe or purchase a tethering package from your provider. Try to turn it on, it will say something along the lines of "contact your provider to purchase a tethering package."

Works fine

Verizon by default enables tethering and AT&T share every thing does also. Works great

Ya lol wish I would have know before I bought tether me LOL...oh well the devs work hard, ill give him a freebie lol

Only for tiered data plans, if you have an unlimited data plan like myself, you have to pay an additional fee to tether. For people with tiered data plans, the tethering fee is bundled into your monthly fee whether you want it or not.

This is what happens if you try to tether without TetherMe on an unlimited plan through Verizon:
$IMG_0004.jpg

Last edited:
Gotcha, ya i lost my unlimited plan awhile back. They don't mind if I tether now lol just means I'm using more data so more money for them lol

Ya, they were probably happy about the FCC ruling. "Now we can ditch our unlimited plans and cash in on overages!" Scummy providers.... at least I stuck it to them by circumventing the system and maintaining my unlimited plan when I upgraded to iPhone5 :)

Nice ya it's $10 per gb after you go over your alotted amount

It really doesn't bother me because my bill actually got cheaper with the share everything plan and I'm on wifi at home and work. So a 4gb plan works for me and my wife. But I cam understand how it would suck for someone who doesn't have home Internet and what not

Sucks for me and I have home internet lol, mostly because my LTE is 2x as fast as my CenturyLink DSL so whenever I have to upload or download large files, I usually tether my cellphone to do it haha. I think I tethered around 15gb last month, my overage charge would be the same as my bill!

Sucks for me and I have home internet lol, mostly because my LTE is 2x as fast as my CenturyLink DSL so whenever I have to upload or download large files, I usually tether my cellphone to do it haha. I think I tethered around 15gb last month, my overage charge would be the same as my bill!

Ya damn That would be $110 in overage for me LMAOI have VZ FIOS Quantum 50/50 Internet so it's lightning lol I got hooked up when I moved they gave me Quantum for the price of the 20/20 plan for 2 years since I stayed with them

Damn that sucks lol I don't think they are expanding any more