What's new

Tetherme question

familia5az

Reaction score
Can multiple devices use the native hotspot at the same time using Tetherme? I'm trying to figure out why I would want to pay extra for mywi and this is what I understood Mywi does that Tetherme may not do.

Yes, just this past weekend I was at Caribou with some friends from school working on a school project. The Caribou network was overloaded so I launched my TetherMe hotspot and all 5 of us were connected to it and it was running perfect.

TetherMe is better that MyWi in several ways, the lower price tag is just the frosting on top. Steer clear of MyWi.

I see these threads that Tetherme isn't working anymore. Any more updates on this before I purchase? Thx

I can assure you that as long as you do not pirate it and your carrier does not automatically block it, it will work perfectly. I am running it on my iPhone5 6.1 with no issues.

Ok. I was reading that it was being detected right off the bat and not working.

In my 3 years of using TetherMe I have only heard of a single carrier that can automatically detect TetherMe and block it and it was in Europe. If you're in America you have nothing to worry about, in fact, the FCC has stated that they do not have the right to block 3rd party tethering apps.

Good to hear. Went on Cydia right now to buy and Tether me says not compatible with Iphone 5. Am I missing something?

I downloaded tetherme from Cydia last night no problems....Works great and Verizon actually encourages tethering now that they don't have unlimited data plans lol

Edit: iPhone 5 and ipad min 6.1

Good to hear. Went on Cydia right now to buy and Tether me says not compatible with Iphone 5. Am I missing something?

Are you installing it from the default repo(BigBoss)? I am running 2.4-1 on my iPhone5 and had no problems installing it.

Works great and Verizon actually encourages tethering now that they don't have unlimited data plans lol=1

So glad I found a way past the system and was able to keep my unlimited plan when I upgraded to the i5 :)

Yes. It says in comments wifi only works with 4, 4s and new IPad. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding. Sorry.

So glad I found a way past the system and was able to keep my unlimited plan when I upgraded to the i5 :)

Ya ok with it because I have Internet at home so I'm on wifi and i never go over 4 gig since i have wifi at work also lol

Am I doing something wrong? When I turn on hotspot I get option for either share hot spot over Bluetooth or USB. No wifi hotspot. What am I doing wrong?

Iphone 5 6.1