What's new

TetherMe or PdaNet??

bubbles015

Reaction score
Which should I use?? Which is better? Which is untraceable? From what I've gathered, tetherme seems CHEAPER and that's the only difference. Am I wrong? (I'm new to this so any detailed info you can give would be great! ☺)

Forgot to add....
Or can anyone recommend a tethering app that is better than these two?

darkstar2007 said:
Tetherme is definitely the best option. I use it myself and it works just fine. :)

Have you had any issues with your carrier charging you?

darkstar2007 said:
Sure haven't. I only use about 3 GB's of data a month though. About 1 GB of that is Tetherme. :)

Great!! Thank you so much for your response!

darkstar2007 said:
Sure haven't. I only use about 3 GB's of data a month though. About 1 GB of that is Tetherme. :)

One more thing...you have to pay for tetherme right? Or is it free? This is my first time jail breaking and using Cydia and I'm sort of still confused as to how to operate through Cydia!

bubbles015 said:
One more thing...you have to pay for tetherme right? Or is it free? This is my first time jail breaking and using Cydia and I'm sort of still confused as to how to operate through Cydia!

It's a paid tweak. It costs $4.99. Well worth it IMO. :)

Your welcome btw. :D

darkstar2007 said:
It's a paid tweak. It costs $4.99. Well worth it IMO. :)

Your welcome btw. :D

K thanks! Yeah from what I THINK I saw, the full version of pdanet was like $15-20 bucks. Why the big difference in price I wonder? =\

I'm thinking I'll just go with tetherme. Lol!! Thanks! 😊

bubbles015 said:
K thanks! Yeah from what I THINK I saw, the full version of pdanet was like $15-20 bucks. Why the big difference in price I wonder? =\

I'm thinking I'll just go with tetherme. Lol!! Thanks! dde0a

Its just what the dev set the price at. :)

Your welcome! :D

Ok so now I've downloaded tetherme. I don't understand how to use it! I turned on my hotspot and I'm trying to do it USB. My web browser brings up "Cisco guest access" and wants me to enter a password. WHAT PASSWORD??? Please help!

Jmills87 said:
There is no password if you use USB. You set the password for Wi-Fi in the mobile hotspot settings.

That's what I thought too. It was still asking for one. I unplugged an plugged back in and turned on the hotspot again and opened a new browser. It worked that time. I don't know what the deal was before! Thanks! :)

Jmills87 said:
There is no password if you use USB. You set the password for Wi-Fi in the mobile hotspot settings.

And I'm just making sure, but underneath the personal hot spot "on/off" toggle it says "additional usage charges may be applied." ??? I thought that was the point in downloading this app! To NOT get additional charges! It's not charging me for usage is it???? =\

My iPhone 4 can tether as standard anyway. I use it on regally. Usually to connect my mates Xbox to Xbox live. Works a treat.