What's new

Tethering app? Which one to use.

steven5224

Reaction score
So I got an ipad and I have an iPhone 5 with 4GB. More than ill ever need. Anyhow, so now I'm looking for either a free or paid app so I can tether from my phone to my ipad. I don't want to pay the service of $15 a month to tether. So if you guys can help me out here, that would be great! Thanks!

TetherMe is the best one, it enables native tethering so you don't need to use a 3rd party app and it masks the data so that it looks like you are just using the data on the phone itself.

TetherMe is the best one, it enables native tethering so you don't need to use a 3rd party app and it masks the data so that it looks like you are just using the data on the phone itself.

I second TetherMe. It's $4.99 and a very nice investment. I use it on my iPads and my iPhones. Compared to MyWi, it's loads cheaper and very simple. And as already pointed out, it spoofs data usage really well.

If you have Verizon tethering is a free built in feature....otherwise, what they said^^

Once you enable it once you will have the option in the first settings menu $ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21365034779.974319.jpg

And if you have nc settings you can have the toggle in your notification center....(it's the middle one)
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21365034821.603362.jpg

Oh Okay! I hope it's free!!! I do have a sharing plan. I have 2gb and my gf has 2gb so 4 in total. More than enough for both of us. Thanks guys!

Obviously it uses data, as much data when tethered as if you were using your phone, but the tethering feature itself is a free built in feature. I've been using it since I got my ip5, also have a shared plan of 6 gb. Verizon encourages tethering now, obviously because the more people use the iPads tethered to their iphone, the more data they will use thus the more people will have to pay for higher data plans.

If you're on a tiered data plan with Verizon, it's free like they said. 3rd party tethering is only for people on unlimited plans who do not have tethering already included in their monthly rate.