What's new

Survey Finds that People are Too Embarrassed to Use Siri in Public

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
People are too embarassed to use Siri in public.JPG

According to a new survey from Creative Strategies, via 9to5 Mac, while Siri is popular with iPhone users, with 98% of those polled having tried Siri at least once, only 3% of respondents consult Siri in public. Creative Strategies says that the reason given for this is somewhat surprising, as it seems that people are still a little embarrassed to be seen talking to their phones in public when they consult Siri, although people have no such qualms in general about using their phone to talk to an actual human on the other end of the line, rather than Siri.

The survey found that the car is the location where Siri is used the most, with 62% using it there. At home, there was an average of 39% usage over all the voice assistants included in the survey. The figure for usage at work was just 1.3%, with respondents saying they didn’t want to disturb work colleagues, combined with the aforementioned embarrassment factor.

Source: Survey finds that 98% have used Siri, but only 3% do so in public due to embarrassment [Poll]

I'm not embarrassed, just forget and it would great if l could give her my favourite name. Thinking about it l might get some strange looks, being an English bloke in a Small German town, talking in a south London dialect. Na Wot ha mean mate?

Gregory Isaacs r.i.p.

The whole thing sounds illogical as most people show no embarassment about revealing personal details of their daily activities over the phone in voices loud enough for everyone around them to hear with perfect clarity.