What's new

Stuck on Apple Logo after iOS 6 install

Steve1968

Reaction score
Good Morning.

I have recently updated my 3gs 16gb to iOS 6 and I have just been left with the Apple logo on my screen. I have repeated the process a few times and still the same. Can anyone help please?

Good Morning.

I have recently updated my 3gs 16gb to iOS 6 and I have just been left with the Apple logo on my screen. I have repeated the process a few times and still the same. Can anyone help please?
I too updated the software on my 3gs. Then after only a handful of seconds later, the dreaded "temperature" error would appear, thus locking my phone. I too repeated the update, to no avail. I then contacted Apple directly to downgrade to 5.1.1. Apple's policy: "no downgrades". Thanks to that policy, I am now the proud owner of a 4s. Luckily that phone is still operating on 5.1.1. Of course I am eligible for an update, but I think not!! Not until there is a fix with io6. Sorry to hear of your situation, but I feel there is no solution until ios6.1.

Hi Guys and thank you for your replies. There is no error code and it does seem to complete the process as it comes up with the serial No IMEI, free space ect but I just have the apple logo and nothing else. Murph did you get a free 4s upgrade for this problem if so how did you go about it?

Hi Guys and thank you for your replies. There is no error code and it does seem to complete the process as it comes up with the serial No IMEI, free space ect but I just have the apple logo and nothing else. Murph did you get a free 4s upgrade for this problem if so how did you go about it?
Greetings Steve. Sorry it took so long to reply, but I just now quit laughing about your question of the FREE 4s. Apple can't make any money that way. Seriously though, no it was not free. I was just eligible for an upgrade with my carrier. I was in desperate need of a phone, and that was my only alternative. I still have my 3gs, which is still a GOOD phone, as soon as they come out with an updated ios software.