What's new

Strange Situation

frustrated

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a strange and frustrated situation. My iphone 4 has 3G signal that allows me to surf the web but there is no bars to make and receive phone calls. I live in Montgomery, WV. Don't know if this helps but I was formerly with Alltel and have been on Verizon's network since the takeover.

Has anyone else have this problem? What can I do?

Thanks,
Frustrated Man!

Try a new sim first to determine what the root cause of the problem is. I that Dorset work get a replacement from apple (genius bar).

Try a new sim first to determine what the root cause of the problem is. I that Dorset work get a replacement from apple (genius bar).

Verizon iPhones are CDMA and don't require a SIM.

It might just be a tower down in your area, call verizon and check.

My wife and I own Verizon iPhones and we live in a area with a Alltel tower and recently started having problems with the network switching from Verizon to Extended constantly...was almost impossible to make calls and text until they got it fixed...I am betting your problem is also tower related. Verizon has been doing work on the older Alltel towers.

My sister has Verizon in an area that was heavily Alltel. She and her neighbors have been having trouble recently. Morganton, NC area.

Hello,

I have a strange and frustrated situation. My iphone 4 has 3G signal that allows me to surf the web but there is no bars to make and receive phone calls. I live in Montgomery, WV. Don't know if this helps but I was formerly with Alltel and have been on Verizon's network since the takeover.

Has anyone else have this problem? What can I do?

Thanks,
Frustrated Man!

I can imagine how frustrated you must be especially since you are not able to make calls.
Are you still having problems making calls? Did you try dialing *228 option 2 to link your phone up to the closest Verizon towers? If so, what happened? Did it go thru successfully or did you hear a message?
Many times, you can also power the phone off/on for a few seconds to see if you can establish the connection again.
Please advise if you are still having problems making/receiving calls/

Tamara
VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

A Verizon rep reactivated my phone today, since I have been having some issues as well in my area. My signal is better and I have a new PRL. She said to hit Option 1 when doing *228 and that will reactivate the phone with the newest PRL.