What's new

Stolen or lost iPhone... Calls are being redirected

Goebbels

Reaction score
My friend (Y) and I went over to my other friend's (X) house.
Y and X doesnt know each other, they met for the first time there. Y took out her iPhone and I saw her texting and she was browsing her music. Y didn't have X's phone number in her contact list and never called X, they just met. Once Y and I left, she figured that she lost her iPhone, we searched everywhere in my car, in every single corner but never found it. I called X so we could come back and search, we went back, Y searched everywhere in his bedroom but never found the phone. Yesterday, when Y called on her iPhone from an other phone, the calls were redirected to X's cellphone, which is an Android but they have the same Cell phone provider... how is that even possible? Did she actually lost her iPhone and some weird things happened or he actually stole her iPhone?

Any hint?

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it

Last edited:
ok but how come the calls were being redirected to an android device? How is that possible?

ok but how come the calls were being redirected to an android device? How is that possible?

Your friend X could easily have done it if he had access to the missing iPhone. Besides calling the police, your friend should call her cellular carrier to have the phone blacklisted, so it can't be used by anybody.

Your friend X could easily have done it if he had access to the missing iPhone. Besides calling the police, your friend should call her cellular carrier to have the phone blacklisted, so it can't be used by anybody.

Agreed.

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

ok thanks a lot! But what if he swapped the 2 SIM cards? Both, the iPhone and the Android cell phone uses Telus mobile network. If he swapped the 2 SIM cards, might it be possible that the phone numbers have been swapped too? So if I call the iPhone, the android phone will receive the call?

When the SIM card is swapped, the phone number changes. Swapping the SIM cards would be conclusive proof that friend X has your phone. That would explain why calls to your number are answered by the Android phone. You need to get your carrier to deactivate your SIM card as soon as possible, if you've not already done so.

Thanks everyone, you've been a great help!!!!