What's new

Split screen

Brent Michael

Reaction score
How do you use split screen. I know it's possible due to my 15 month old can make it happen but my wife and I can't seem to figure it out..

In Settings - Display & Brightness - Display Zoom, select Standard. If you use Zoomed, it's impossible to get the split screen for an app.

In Settings - Display & Brightness - Display Zoom, select Standard. If you use Zoomed, it's impossible to get the split screen for an app.
We have it set to that but we need to know the gesture or whatever to get to it. We've tried everything we can think of.

In the Mail app, e.g., the arrows here will help you showing the split screen. It's only possible in landscape mode.
IMG_7344.JPG

Is the apps it can do it with like extremely limited or something. Also we don't see that icon on any app, made by Apple or third party..

Also on top of that Safari has disappeared. Not that we use it, we use chrome, but it's weird that it no longer shows up on the home screen. Still shows up in spotlight or whatever it's called, the search your phone bar

There are just a few apps that can do this on the iPhone: Messages (no arrows), Mail, Calendars, Settings, Contacts, ... (not all the built in apps), and apps that were built for using that feature.

Spotlight search should also show you where Safari is. If it's in a folder, you'll find the name of the folder next to the search result.

Yeah we found it using spotlight but that's it. It doesn't show up anywhere else. Not in a folder, not on the main home screens. It's really weird because I know that iPhone doesn't have a app drawer of any sorts and forces all apps onto your home screens. It just seems strange that it would disappear like that and only show up in spotlight or when using Siri.

Safari is one of the built in apps that can't be removed. Did you set up restrictions? If so, go to Settings - General - Restrictions, and make sure Safari is enabled.

Just checked and no. Restrictions are completely off nothing restricted so idk. As I said before, it's not a huge deal since we use chrome but just seems weird to have it disappear like that

It has to be on one of your screens, in that case.

If you still intend to find it, go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset Home Screen Layout.
This will move all of your apps out of the folders and to one of your homescreens. You'll have to rearrange them again afterwards.