What's new

Sound barely audible when sending a recording (text)

compiler

Reaction score
Howdy. Still a newbie here, learning the iPhone, but learning fast.

This query concerns messaging (sending/receiving texts).

The microphone part works great: I can speak into my iPhone 6 plus and the words show up perfectly.

But, when I use the other microphone, where I hold it down and record my voice, when I play it back the sound is inaudible. I can't seem to find any setting to correct this. Ideas?

Mel

Which other microphone are you talking about? The one that's part of the EarPods included with the iPhone?

Hello again, Scifan.
If I go to messages and click on new messages, there is a microphone key just to the left of the space bar. If I press that, it will then convert speech to text and that works UNBELIEVABLY WELL. That's the "good one."

Now, if instead I enter a name (recipient) and then go to type a message, a microphone appears just to the right of that box. If you hold your finger down on the mic, it will record what you say. But on playback, it is totally inaudible

Mel

That would almost have to be a software problem as the same actual microphone is used to record the voice in both examples. Have you tried restarting your iPhone to see if that helps?

The mike is on the bottom edge of the iPhone, to the right of the charging port when held with the screen facing up.