What's new

SoftRain is it for real?

zuluwhiskeyfox

Reaction score
Recently I came across a website selling a JB for iOS 6. SoftRain is it real or scam. I realize that JB's are normally free. However, at the moment there is no untethered JB from any of the normal sources.

Jailbreaking is FREE. The dev teams already said that when the first jailbreak was released if I'm not mistaken. People try to scam in the midst of the frenzy for an iOS 6 jailbreak for non 3GS devices. NEVER buy jailbreaks. Redsn0w is free, the developers are even rejecting donations. If the developers aren't asking for donations/payment, then you shouldn't help the scammers or sellers profit

I've been around long enough to know that JB s are normally free. My iphone 4 is presently jb on 5.0.1. My iPad 2 is on 5.1.1 and won't JB with any of tools out there. I have tried every version of RedSnow and every version of Absinthe. Every one of them behaves the same. It goes through the process looking good right up until its time to reboot. It's right at this moment that I get some error message.

What's getting me about this one is that I first found it from a link in a tweet by Greenpoison. I figured when Greenpoison is tweeting about it one must at least wonder. So here I am wondering. Has anyone tried it? Did it work? Or did you get scammed?

Just because someone chooses to call themselves greenpoison on Twitter, does NOT mean they are officially linked to the Chronic Dev team. Almost all the twitter handles that sound like a jailbreak have nothing to do with any official jailbreak developer (including redsnow ones too).

Nobody has tried softra1n because it is a scam. If you have been round long enough then you should know that. ANY paid jailbreak is a scam. Period. But hey, if you really don't believe us, go ahead and purchase it and see for yourself that it is a complete waste of money.

If you are having problems, then please post the precise detailed and see if someone can help you. Don't just say "I get some error". Pay attention to it and tell us the error code or what it says. The details are what help folks know what the error is and providing them may help you resolve them!

It sounds to me like your problem is related to the PC, possibly USB / cable related, or having something such as anti-virus / malware / firewall related running which is interrupting the process.

Last edited:
Just because someone chooses to call themselves greenpoison on Twitter, does NOT mean they are officially linked to the Chronic Dev team. Almost all the twitter handles that sound like a jailbreak have nothing to do with any official jailbreak developer (including redsnow ones too).

Nobody has tried softra1n because it is a scam. If you have been round long enough then you should know that. ANY paid jailbreak is a scam. Period. But hey, if you really don't believe us, go ahead and purchase it and see for yourself that it is a complete waste of money.

If you are having problems, then please post the precise detailed and see if someone can help you. Don't just say "I get some error". Pay attention to it and tell us the error code or what it says. The details are what help folks know what the error is and providing them may help you resolve them!

It sounds to me like your problem is related to the PC, possibly USB / cable related, or having something such as anti-virus / malware / firewall related running which is interrupting the process.

Precisely why I'm asking here. I am suspicious about this twitter posting.

There are a couple of error messages I get. They all appear at the same point in the process.
-Service wouldn't start (4234)
-service wouldn't start (3985)
-Service wouldn't start (3986)
My computer is a Mac and all firewalls, anti virus and the like are turned off. I have tried several cables. My other idevices are JB no problem. Just this iPad 2 is resisting on 5.1.1. It was previously JB on 5.0.1. Should have stayed there.

The jailbreak developer Greenpois0n (verified profile) is the official jailbreak developer. Notice the last "o" replaced by a "zero" in "poison". Tweets by any other spelling of greenpoison are impostors and should be avoided. If Softrain wasn't tweeted by Greenpois0n then it's most likely a scam.

If you restored your iPad OTA, then you can't jailbreak it or you can run into a wall of errors. If you have the SHSH blobs for iOS 5.0.1 and iOS 4.3.5 or below, you can re-restore to iOS 5.0.1, then re-restore back to iOS 5.1.1 and rejailbreak if your scenario is that you're OTA updated.

I have never used OTA to upgrade or restore. And unfortunately the earliest shsh blob is 5.0.1. So it would seem going back to 5.0.1 is not in the cards.

Then your only option is to stick with a clean iPad. Even if you bought the jailbreaking service, they can't jailbreak the iPad without getting the blobs for a re-restore.

Ha! Finally, success. I'm Jailbroken on 5.1.1. So, how did I do it? The story is long. I'll keep it short. Using Redsn0w 09-15b2 I performed a restore using an ipsw for 5-1-1. There was an shsh blob at Cydia. When at the first boot-up it asked question like do I wish to restore from last back or do I want use as a new iPad I chose the new iPad option. After which the jailbreak worked.

Back when 5-1-1 was the current OS I had restored and did all the same it would not jailbreak. The only thing different this time was the fact that I restored from an ipsw in Redsn0w instead of restoring in iTunes.

Cheers,

ZWF