What's new

Siri

lesia120

Reaction score
Can I get Siri into iPhone 4 After I upgrade to iOS 5?

Lesia- Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

yes, u can! works 100%
1st Download Spire on Cydia through wifi or 3G (Spire recommends wifi but no worries through 3G too :p )
follow steps given here.....

[Moderator edit: Removed link to external iPhone-related site. Please read our rules. Thanks.]

Last edited by a moderator:
On 5.1 you can't at the moment
But for 5.0 and 5.0.1 you can.
^^software version

Spire will not work on 5.1 as the original developer has opted not to allow the exploit due to Apple closing the loophole legally.

An alternative in 5.1 is spite which is in beta at the moment.

Oh siriport you can do it for 5.1
Siriport is a lot better then spire

Siri is the intelligent personal assistant that helps you get things done just by asking. It allows you to use your voice to send messages, schedule meetings, place phone calls, and more. But Siri isn’t like traditional voice recognition software that requires you to remember keywords and speak specific commands. Siri understands your natural speech, and it asks you questions if it needs more information to complete a task.Siri uses the processing power of the dual-core A5 chip in iPhone 4S, and it uses 3G and Wi-Fi networks to communicate rapidly with Apple’s data centers.

Siri is the intelligent personal assistant that helps you get things done just by asking. It allows you to use your voice to send messages, schedule meetings, place phone calls, and more. But Siri isn’t like traditional voice recognition software that requires you to remember keywords and speak specific commands. Siri understands your natural speech, and it asks you questions if it needs more information to complete a task.Siri uses the processing power of the dual-core A5 chip in iPhone 4S, and it uses 3G and Wi-Fi networks to communicate rapidly with Apple’s data centers.

Nice copy and paste !

How come Siri isn't always available? I've noticed that when I travel into the extended network sometimes she isn't available.

yes, u can! works 100%
1st Download Spire on Cydia through wifi or 3G (Spire recommends wifi but no worries through 3G too :p )
follow steps given here.....

[Moderator edit: Removed link to external iPhone-related site. Please read our rules. Thanks.]

It only makes sense that you can..Siri is just a piece of software, no special hardware required to run it.

I used Siri on my previous iPhone 4 using spire and izmdl's proxy. Now it worked but not as fluid as a 4s and the raise to ear didn't work due to the 4 not having a rapidly firing sensor.

Apple decided not to include Siri on older devices even tho it was beta tested in them. A selling ploy to get non apple fan boys to upgrade !

I am on 5.1.1 and am running siri using ac1d Siri from cydia and the wordjelly server. Works well