What's new

Siri saves the day!

ardchoille

Reaction score
I'm deaf and my hearing aids are at home because the batteries are dead. I was at the grocery store to buy a few things and ended up having to ask for the location of a few products. I couldn't hear the store clerk, due to my hearing loss, and wondered if Siri could be if any help - it seemed a long shot but couldn't hurt to try. So, I opened the Notes app on my iPhone, tapped the microphone icon on the keyboard and let the store clerk speak into my phone. After waiting a couple seconds, Siri typed out everything the clerk said word-for-word.

Well, now, if I could just meet the team responsible for Siri and thank them in person. I have always found Siri to be extremely helpful, and have now found a new use for this functionality. Seriously, Apple, you've done an excellent job here and I love my iPhones even more.

Thank you,
Ian MacGregor
(a very happy camper)

That was quick thinking on your part and great Siri capabilities that can handle almost any situation.

That was quick thinking on your part and great Siri capabilities that can handle almost any situation.
Yeah, I wouldn't even have thought of it except that I use Siri so often lately that I barely have to touch the keyboard anymore. I can also see Siri being just as helpful for hearing people in a very noisy environment.

Technology these days.. amazing stuff.