What's new

Siri and uploading old emails from server

Black9

Reaction score
Hey guys 2 probs I'm hoping u can help with, picked up my new 4S last week and....

Siri is temperamental, works when the home button is pressed and held but only occasionally when I hold the device to my ear!? Called apple care and according to them it's a common fault and they're still ironing out the flaws! Anyone else experienced this?

Second issue is, my old emails which were already deleted by me on my iPad are now uploading on my 4S. All of them, really old ones. When this happened on my iPad I had delete them in groups of 25 iirc but really don't want to repeat the process as there's around 2500 to do.....

Is there anyway I can just stop the device from uploading all my old email?

Thanks

Hey guys 2 probs I'm hoping u can help with, picked up my new 4S last week and....

Siri is temperamental, works when the home button is pressed and held but only occasionally when I hold the device to my ear!? Called apple care and according to them it's a common fault and they're still ironing out the flaws! Anyone else experienced this?

Second issue is, my old emails which were already deleted by me on my iPad are now uploading on my 4S. All of them, really old ones. When this happened on my iPad I had delete them in groups of 25 iirc but really don't want to repeat the process as there's around 2500 to do.....

Is there anyway I can just stop the device from uploading all my old email?

Thanks

1) Yes, everyone is. That is why it is still in Beta.

2) You can set how far back your email should display.

I was at AT&T today. The sales rep told me if I lay the phone down flat, then pick it up and bring it to my ear, Siri will work. It seems crazy to have to do that but it does seem to help. Since it's in beta, I'm sure it will be improving as the time goes on but in the meantime try it.

By the way I dictated this. I love Siri!

I was at AT&T today. The sales rep told me if I lay the phone down flat, then pick it up and bring it to my ear, Siri will work. It seems crazy to have to do that but it does seem to help. Since it's in beta, I'm sure it will be improving as the time goes on but in the meantime try it.

By the way I dictated this. I love Siri!

I have a working theory on that one. They are trying to use the accelerometers to measure the change in motion to see if it is a constant arc sweep (ie your elbow is the arc point). If the arc is too shallow, it can't measure the change in time.

Siri doesn't bother me so much ATM but any ideas what I can do RE my emails to stop them loading up constantly? How do I setup how far my emails display?