What's new

Same emails over and over

Old Goat Ninja

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't figure it out and a search on the forum doesn't help. I find posts that are a few years old with no answers. Maybe I'm searching the wrong key words.

It happened on my 6+, and on my 7+ now. I get an email, I delete, and a minute or two later, I get the same email again and I have to delete again. When I wake up in the morning, I usually have 7-ish emails, that are spam, so I delete them all. Take a shower, and my phone will have those 7 emails again. They'll eventually disappear forever after deleting them a few times, but what can I do to delete them for good the first time?

Anyways, I've never been able to figure it out, and since I get a good 20-30 junk emails a day, it'd be nice to delete an email once and be done.

My iPhone 7 is the ONLY device I have set up to receive emails on. I don't access my home email from any computer, or my iPad, etc. Only my iPhone, currently a 7+. I've read on Google searches about the emails being forwarded from different devices, and that's why, but I only have one device set up to my email.

Have you had a look at the Advanced settings for your Email account? Deleted mail should be set to go to Trash and the Deleted Mailbox should be checked (ticked).

Last edited:
Yeah, I did that a long time ago (same advice I found a Google search a year or two ago).

Unfortunately, that doesn't help. I find all kinds of posts on Google searches with people with the same problem, but I've yet to find a solution on those posts outside of the solution you posted (thanks for posting though).

I have the same problem on my iPhone 7 and did what was suggested and it didn't help.
Got back 8 mails about one or two hours after changing settings and deleting all mails. [emoji17]
There must be a solution and I hope someone can find out what's wrong

I am no mail expert, but do you have the apple ap set to get your google mail, and the google mail ap itself set to get mail?

No, sorry, should of specified that too. I have Comcast email.

Is your email setup to download and remove from the server? Or does it download and leave it on the server?
See if you can set it up as the first, that way once it is on your phone if you delete it it is no longer on the server to plague you.

I have it set up to delete. After deleting from my phone 2-3 times, it's gone forever, gone from my phone, gone from server, etc.