What's new

Shutting-down Phone

Myron

Reaction score
I just got my first iPhone. It is an older model, the 3GS but it is brand-new and only cost $50. My problem is that I receive calls and messages in the middle-of-the-night and I am awakened every night. I know that there must be a way to completely disengage the phone so as not to be disturbed. Also, it went off in a movie theatre yesterday although the phone was shut-down. I got dirty looks and almost got ejected. What should I do? Thanks.

If you just press the button at the top of the phone that only puts it in sleep or standby mode. If you want to turn it off hold the button down then a slider will appear just like the one to unlock it. Slide it and the phone will turn off...

Thanks I will try what you said. Too bad the unit didn't come with good printed instructions so I wouldn't have to ask these dumb questions. The printed instructions says to use the power button to turn unit on/off. I took it for granted that it was completely shut-down. I'll do your suggestion. Thanks.

If you press the little book icon at the bottom of safari there should be a user manual in there. If not add this link to your bookmarks (the little book icon) by opening it then pressing the arrow button...

iPhone User Guide