What's new

3GS keeps shutting down

Nolealum

Reaction score
I have a 2 year old 3GS. Recently the screen will go blank and the phone shuts down. I would try and turn on or reboot a couple of times and then the battery would say be dead.

I replaced the battery myself with a kit but it keeps doing the same thing but sometimes it will reboot and sometimes it will not. When it does the battery life will be okay.

Trying to get a fix until 5 comes out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Well, I have scoured the internet high and low, trying to find an answer to this same problem. I ordered two new batteries for mine and my wifes 3gs phones. Last week her phone kept shutting down while she was out of town and wouldnt hold a charge, so I ordered batteries from an online retailer. I installed the new battery yesterday, It fired up just fine, but after about a half hour or so, it went black and continued to vibrate. I shut it down and hard restarted it, it came back up and then proceeded to just start looping in and out of reboot. I did a back up restore from Itunes, but still not working. I called the place I got the batteries from and they said it was a faulty battery and switch it out with the other new one I had and send them that one. So today I swapped batteries again, phone worked just fine for about an hour, but once it went into sleep mode we got ready to leave the house and it wouldnt come back up. It is now just shutting down and rebooting or just staying off. I guess Im just gonna have to suck it up and take it to apple 2.5 hours away.. And Im sure Ill have to pay extra since i replaced the battery myself.